US: Eddie Bauer appoints Templin as COO and CFO
Outdoor wear brand Eddie Bauer has appointed Daniel Templin as chief operating officer and CFO.
"Dan is a very accomplished executive with a consistent track record of success," said Eddie Bauer president and CEO Mike Egeck. "He brings depth and breadth of expertise in process, finance, operations, and retail.
"Dan's particular work in the outerwear industry, including his role as president of the Outdoor Industry Association, aligns perfectly with our vision for Eddie Bauer. We look forward to his leadership and contribution as we take this iconic brand to its next phase of growth."
Current CFO Marv Toland will take on the newly created role of senior vice president direct, with responsibility for the group's e-commerce and catalogue business.
"Marv's institutional knowledge of the Eddie Bauer brand combined with his personal passion for our direct business make him an ideal choice to lead our most rapidly growing business segment," added Egeck.
Generally, 2013 is seen as being another challenging year for the apparel industry - although there is cautious optimism for an improved business environment. Issues such as compliance, sustainability...
The growing interest in nature and outdoor activities coupled with an increased awareness of the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle has raised the profile of the performance outdoor apparel...
Opportunities the apparel industry should focus on this year include developing strategic relationships to improve flexibility across the supply chain; a focus on adding value through design, innovati...
What should apparel firms have learnt from the upheaval of the past couple of years - and what should they be doing now if they want to remain competitive into the future? They need to remain nimble e...
Uncertainty is perhaps the biggest challenge facing the apparel industry in 2013. The economic situation in Europe and the US, a combination of rising production costs and flat prices, the pressure to...
Apparel maker VF Corp has admitted revenue in the year ahead is likely to fall short of long-term expectations, with performance hindered by unseasonably warm weather affecting sales of the North Face...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details