US: Eddie Bauer appoints Templin as COO and CFO
Outdoor wear brand Eddie Bauer has appointed Daniel Templin as chief operating officer and CFO.
"Dan is a very accomplished executive with a consistent track record of success," said Eddie Bauer president and CEO Mike Egeck. "He brings depth and breadth of expertise in process, finance, operations, and retail.
"Dan's particular work in the outerwear industry, including his role as president of the Outdoor Industry Association, aligns perfectly with our vision for Eddie Bauer. We look forward to his leadership and contribution as we take this iconic brand to its next phase of growth."
Current CFO Marv Toland will take on the newly created role of senior vice president direct, with responsibility for the group's e-commerce and catalogue business.
"Marv's institutional knowledge of the Eddie Bauer brand combined with his personal passion for our direct business make him an ideal choice to lead our most rapidly growing business segment," added Egeck.
Generally, 2013 is seen as being another challenging year for the apparel industry - although there is cautious optimism for an improved business environment. Issues such as compliance, sustainability...
The growing interest in nature and outdoor activities coupled with an increased awareness of the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle has raised the profile of the performance outdoor apparel...
Opportunities the apparel industry should focus on this year include developing strategic relationships to improve flexibility across the supply chain; a focus on adding value through design, innovati...
What should apparel firms have learnt from the upheaval of the past couple of years - and what should they be doing now if they want to remain competitive into the future? They need to remain nimble e...
Uncertainty is perhaps the biggest challenge facing the apparel industry in 2013. The economic situation in Europe and the US, a combination of rising production costs and flat prices, the pressure to...
Apparel maker VF Corp has admitted revenue in the year ahead is likely to fall short of long-term expectations, with performance hindered by unseasonably warm weather affecting sales of the North Face...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change