US: Eddie Bauer appoints Templin as COO and CFO
Outdoor wear brand Eddie Bauer has appointed Daniel Templin as chief operating officer and CFO.
"Dan is a very accomplished executive with a consistent track record of success," said Eddie Bauer president and CEO Mike Egeck. "He brings depth and breadth of expertise in process, finance, operations, and retail.
"Dan's particular work in the outerwear industry, including his role as president of the Outdoor Industry Association, aligns perfectly with our vision for Eddie Bauer. We look forward to his leadership and contribution as we take this iconic brand to its next phase of growth."
Current CFO Marv Toland will take on the newly created role of senior vice president direct, with responsibility for the group's e-commerce and catalogue business.
"Marv's institutional knowledge of the Eddie Bauer brand combined with his personal passion for our direct business make him an ideal choice to lead our most rapidly growing business segment," added Egeck.
Generally, 2013 is seen as being another challenging year for the apparel industry - although there is cautious optimism for an improved business environment. Issues such as compliance, sustainability...
Opportunities the apparel industry should focus on this year include developing strategic relationships to improve flexibility across the supply chain; a focus on adding value through design, innovati...
What should apparel firms have learnt from the upheaval of the past couple of years - and what should they be doing now if they want to remain competitive into the future? They need to remain nimble e...
Uncertainty is perhaps the biggest challenge facing the apparel industry in 2013. The economic situation in Europe and the US, a combination of rising production costs and flat prices, the pressure to...
Apparel maker VF Corp has admitted revenue in the year ahead is likely to fall short of long-term expectations, with performance hindered by unseasonably warm weather affecting sales of the North Face...
Seattle-based outdoor wear brand Eddie Bauer has appointed Steve Venegas as vice president of distribution in North America....
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Kohl's reverses five-quarter slump in Q4
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead