USA: Eddie Bauer Chooses Metastream To Enhance Web Site
Eddie Bauer is relaunching the daypack section of its website with Metastream's visualisation technology MTS3. For the first time, Eddie Bauer will use interactive 3D and other rich media to showcase its daypack collection, a major selling product line and a significant part of the online store. Eight day packs are currently presented in Metastream's enhanced 3D technology which enables consumers to view the day packs from any angle, zoom in to examine detailed features and textures, or - with Metastream's transparency feature - to see through the outer pockets of the daypacks and see pockets hidden beneath. Eddie Bauer chose Metastream to effectively demonstrate the many features of its daypack Collection and to offer consumers a compelling in-store shopping experience online."With the re-launch of our website, Eddie Bauer is raising the bar, moving the business forward and maximising our opportunity to present products in a way that best works with the channel," said Sally McKenzie, division vice president, Interactive Merchandising and Operations for Eddie Bauer. "Metastream is a partner that we believe will help us deliver a more brand-focused, customer-centric site. The tools they provide allow customers to make a better and easier purchasing decision.""By providing our customers with enhanced 3D experience technology, Metastream transforms what has traditionally been a flat, passive end-user web experience and enables e-merchants to communicate their brand essence visually in a dramatic new way," said Paul Kadin, chief marketing officer of Metastream. Metastream gives Eddie Bauers' customers an uninterrupted shopping experience. Through Metastream's capacity to seamlessly incorporate 3D objects within the web page, online shoppers are now able to view, customize and interact with products from a single page without having to switch between 3D objects and product descriptions or navigate through multiple pop-up windows.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts