USA: Eddie Bauer Close To Naming New Chief
According to a report in The New York Times, the struggling retailer is thought to be close to naming Fabian Mansson, a former chief executive of the Swedish retailer H&M Hennes & Maurtiz, to the post.
A spokeswoman for Eddie Bauer yesterday confirmed Mansson, 38, was "our leading candidate." Since leaving H&M in 2000, Mansson has been working as an independent consultant.
Sales at Eddie Bauer fell 9 per cent in 2001, down to $1.6 billion from $1.75 million a year earlier.
just-style.com yesterday reported that Gap Inc is also having difficulties in finding its new chief executive as well as a new president of its Gap division.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
In this, her second report on Thailand's textile industry, Niki Tait looks at projects aimed at preparing Thai manufacturers for the global market and assesses the sector's post-quota future....
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Apparel giant Gap Inc has published its 2004 social responsibility report, in which it underscores its ongoing commitment to improving conditions in both its own sourcing base and throughout the globa...
Gap Inc yesterday said sales at stores open at least one year were flat in June, ending seven straight months of same-store sales declines....
Business analytics company Appian Analytics Inc has signed an agreement with clothing giant Gap Inc to provide business analytics and reporting services for monitoring performance across Gap brands in...
Apparel giant Gap Inc says it will open two branches of its Banana Republic chain in Tokyo later this summer....
US apparel giant Gap Inc has reported a slump in first-quarter income, after its namesake division saw poor sales of women's spring collections....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective