SOUTH AFRICA: Edgars Shares Rattled By Poor Outlook
Shares in South African clothing retailer Edgars fell on Friday after the company released poor interim results and forecast a tough second half.At 07:44 GMT, Edgars Consolidated Stores shares were down 125 cents, or 5.49 per cent, at 21.50 rand. The stock was earlier down 9.89 per cent or 225 cents at 20.50 rand. The fall far outpaced a 0.79 per cent decline in the retail index.Rival clothing retailer Foschini also posted early losses, dropping 3.85 per cent to 750 cents.In its interim results released on Thursday, Edgars said the "sales growth and decline in earnings for the full year are currently expected to be similar to those reported for the six months under review."The company reported headline earnings per share, which strip out the impact of exceptionals and their tax effects, of 98 cents for the six months ended September 30, versus 146 cents previously. The dividend fell to 36 cents from 55 cents.(C) Reuters Limited 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar