SOUTH AFRICA: Edgars Shares Rattled By Poor Outlook
Shares in South African clothing retailer Edgars fell on Friday after the company released poor interim results and forecast a tough second half.At 07:44 GMT, Edgars Consolidated Stores shares were down 125 cents, or 5.49 per cent, at 21.50 rand. The stock was earlier down 9.89 per cent or 225 cents at 20.50 rand. The fall far outpaced a 0.79 per cent decline in the retail index.Rival clothing retailer Foschini also posted early losses, dropping 3.85 per cent to 750 cents.In its interim results released on Thursday, Edgars said the "sales growth and decline in earnings for the full year are currently expected to be similar to those reported for the six months under review."The company reported headline earnings per share, which strip out the impact of exceptionals and their tax effects, of 98 cents for the six months ended September 30, versus 146 cents previously. The dividend fell to 36 cents from 55 cents.(C) Reuters Limited 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020