SOUTH AFRICA: Edgars Shares Rattled By Poor Outlook
Shares in South African clothing retailer Edgars fell on Friday after the company released poor interim results and forecast a tough second half.At 07:44 GMT, Edgars Consolidated Stores shares were down 125 cents, or 5.49 per cent, at 21.50 rand. The stock was earlier down 9.89 per cent or 225 cents at 20.50 rand. The fall far outpaced a 0.79 per cent decline in the retail index.Rival clothing retailer Foschini also posted early losses, dropping 3.85 per cent to 750 cents.In its interim results released on Thursday, Edgars said the "sales growth and decline in earnings for the full year are currently expected to be similar to those reported for the six months under review."The company reported headline earnings per share, which strip out the impact of exceptionals and their tax effects, of 98 cents for the six months ended September 30, versus 146 cents previously. The dividend fell to 36 cents from 55 cents.(C) Reuters Limited 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar