SOUTH AFRICA: Edgars Shares Rattled By Poor Outlook
Shares in South African clothing retailer Edgars fell on Friday after the company released poor interim results and forecast a tough second half.At 07:44 GMT, Edgars Consolidated Stores shares were down 125 cents, or 5.49 per cent, at 21.50 rand. The stock was earlier down 9.89 per cent or 225 cents at 20.50 rand. The fall far outpaced a 0.79 per cent decline in the retail index.Rival clothing retailer Foschini also posted early losses, dropping 3.85 per cent to 750 cents.In its interim results released on Thursday, Edgars said the "sales growth and decline in earnings for the full year are currently expected to be similar to those reported for the six months under review."The company reported headline earnings per share, which strip out the impact of exceptionals and their tax effects, of 98 cents for the six months ended September 30, versus 146 cents previously. The dividend fell to 36 cents from 55 cents.(C) Reuters Limited 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar