UK: Edinburgh Woollen Mill Boss Quits
Edinburgh Woollen Mill has lost John Rayson, managing director of its high street operations, Retail Week reported today.Rayson, who joined in June last year, was previously managing director of Fosters Trading Company.He was unavailable for comment, but chief executive Colin Birrell said Rayson had left for personal reasons and it was an amicable parting. It is understood that family commitments and uncertainty over the future of the Edinburgh Woollen Mill business, which is currently being touted for sale, prompted Rayson's decision to leave. Birrell has assumed Rayson's responsibilities, and is interested in an MBO of the business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again