UK: Edinburgh Woollen Mill Boss Quits
Edinburgh Woollen Mill has lost John Rayson, managing director of its high street operations, Retail Week reported today.Rayson, who joined in June last year, was previously managing director of Fosters Trading Company.He was unavailable for comment, but chief executive Colin Birrell said Rayson had left for personal reasons and it was an amicable parting. It is understood that family commitments and uncertainty over the future of the Edinburgh Woollen Mill business, which is currently being touted for sale, prompted Rayson's decision to leave. Birrell has assumed Rayson's responsibilities, and is interested in an MBO of the business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Bangladesh calls for duty-free access to US
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022