US: Egeck named as Eddie Bauer president and CEO
Eddie Bauer today (5 June) named Michael Egeck as president and CEO of the company, replacing interim CEO David Chamberlain who will remain a member of the company's board.
Egeck was previously CEO of Nike-owned sports lifestyle brand Hurley. He has also worked as president of VF Corp's North American outdoor business, president of the North Face and led the sportswear division at Columbia Sportswear Company.
"We are thrilled Mike has agreed to join Eddie Bauer," said Josh Olshansky, managing director of Golden Gate Capital, the majority owner of Eddie Bauer.
"He is a proven leader with more than three decades of highly relevant sportswear, outdoor and specialty retail experience, and brings to Eddie Bauer an exceptional track record of growing brands, delivering strong operating performance and generating excellent financial results."
Esprit has pledged to eliminate all hazardous chemicals from its textile and clothing supply chain by 2020, joining the Roadmap to Zero initiative launched by a number of leading brands and retailers ...
Top stories of the week include a look at the clothing and textile challenges that face Xi Jinping, the new leader of the Chinese Communist Party, accusations by Greenpeace that 20 leading fashion bra...
Twenty leading fashion brands are selling clothing contaminated with chemicals with hormone-disrupting or cancer-causing properties when released into the environment, according to Greenpeace Internat...
Sportswear retailer Foot Locker has unveiled a new store concept designed for women, featuring fit zones....
A group of buyers representing some 20 global brands and retailers is this week visiting Bangladesh as part of a wider regional tour to explore sourcing alternatives to China....
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Old Navy's Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields