UK: Elekson links up with Craghoppers on touch pad jackets
Electronics company Eleksen has struck a deal with outdoor brand Craghoppers to produce a range of wearable electronic apparel.
The company's iPod-ready Future walking jacket will be the first product to result from the new alliance.
Craghoppers, which makes outdoor, travel, and adventure wear, will integrate ElekTex - an electro-conductive fabric touch pad - into its new line of jackets. The pad lets wearers control the volume, track changes, and power controls of their iPod.
"ElekTex enables highly practical goods - adding another level of excitement and functionality to our product offerings," said Jim McNamara, managing director of Craghoppers.
It is the latest in the line of similar innovations, with retailer Marks and Spencer incorporating ElekTex into a specially designed iPod suit jacket last month.
The past few weeks have revealed precisely how much respite Christmas spending has granted fashion retailers on the UK high street, with chains including Marks and Spencer and JJB Sports providing tra...
High-tech company Peratech has acquired smart fabrics maker Eleksen for an undisclosed sum after the company went into administration last year....
Here is a list of the top ten stories published on just-style during the past year. To read the stories in full, please click on the headlines....
Marks and Spencer has confirmed to just-style it will slash prices at its Indian stores by 20% in response to a competitive retail climate there....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020