CHINA: Ellassay invests in PLM to support global growth
Chinese women's wear brand Ellassay has chosen Lectra Fashion PLM to support its brand management and global business strategy.
The fashion-forward firm is the first Chinese haute couture brand to participate in New York Fashion week, and has set its sights on growing into a Chinese fashion brand that influences both the domestic and international stage.
It operates nearly 400 stores throughout China; appointed Jean-Paul Knott, former director of product development at Yves Saint Laurent as brand design consultant; and in 2009 was boosted by a CNY150m (US$24.8m) investment through an alliance with private equity firm The Carlyle Group.
"With our overseas activities, we needed a unique collection development management solution," says Xia Guoxin, Ellassay chairman.
Ellassay designs and develops 80% of products in-house and manufactures the entire range itself. Lectra Fashion PLM will help improve collaboration between the design, development and production teams, with each department able to work with the same information in real-time.
The software will also help the company better control workflow and collection planning, with the ability to produce more styles while mastering margins a critical issue as the company goes global.
Future plans include extending the footprint of the PLM project by deeply integrating design, product development and production to reinforce international business development.
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems provide increasingly sophisticated tools for getting the right products to market at the right time - with current trends including more integration with ERP...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of 'product lifecycle management' (PLM) and 'enterprise resource planning' (ERP) systems....
This report includes new information on the latest developments in: cosmetotextiles; e-commerce technology; environmentally friendly apparel, fibres, and finishing treatments; fabrics for performance ...
Chinese fabric and garment maker FOB Direct has chosen to invest in cloud-based product lifestyle management (PLM) technology to align its business operations....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies