US: Elle Macpherson quits Hot Tuna board
Former supermodel and lingerie entrepreneur Elle Macpherson has quit the board of surf clothing brand Hot Tuna, citing "increasing time pressure" from other projects.
The company, which recently relocated its design team from London to Los Angeles, said it would now try to find a separate role for Macpherson as a consultant to the Hot Tuna design team.
The Australian ex-model joined Hot Tuna in July last year on an initial two-year contract. "I am enthusiastic about the possibility of working with Elle on upcoming ranges, and thank her for her input and commitment to the brand up until now," said Hot Tuna CEO Niels Juul, who joined the company from Von Dutch in June this year.
Meanwhile, Hot Tuna has also announced that Ranjit Murugason will step down from his role as executive chairman thanks to his increasing time commitment to another business venture. Murugason will revert to a non-executive role with the company.
First half operating loss at Hot Tuna International Plc has widened, with the surfwear brand blaming its poor results on a restructuring of its supply chain, slow brand recognition in the US and adver...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020