US: Ellen Tracy teams with Modern Shoe for footwear ranges
Upmarket sportswear company Ellen Tracy has signed a a licensing agreement in principle with Modern Shoe Company to design and manufacture footwear under the Ellen Tracy and Company Ellen Tracy brand names.
The Ellen Tracy footwear Collection will feature "modern classic and elegant styling", the company said. The Company Ellen Tracy line supplements the Ellen Tracy Collection, in covering all classifications to include broader lifestyle needs.
The new lines are being launched to trade currently and will be available at upmarket department and specialty stores in February 2007.
Ellen Tracy president Howard Rosenberger said: "Sophisticated, fashionable footwear is an important part of the Ellen Tracy woman's wardrobe, and I am confident that the seasoned professionals at Modern Shoe Company will create footwear that captures the feel and aesthetic of the Ellen Tracy brand in a new and fresh way that our consumers will relate to."
Modern Shoe CEO Rich Brandt added: "We see Ellen Tracy Footwear as reaching an under-served demographic in both department and specialty stores. We feel there are too few choices for the customer with updated classic tastes, who also wants newness in her wardrobe."
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020