US: Eminence backs Men's Wearhouse revised bid for Jos A Bank
Men's Wearhouse yesterday (25 February) increased its bid for Jos A Bank Clothiers as the battle for takeover between the two retailers continues. The retailer submitted an offer of US$63.50 per share, up from its previous offer of $57.50.
In light of the improved offer, Eminence CEO Ricky Sandler said he was "extremely pleased" Men's Wearhouse had made "a full and fair offer" for Jos A Bank.
"We have maintained all along that the combination of these two great companies is the best outcome for all shareholders. If the board of Jos A Bank properly fulfills its fiduciary duty, we expect it will come to the conclusion that it should accept this offer to merge with Men's Wearhouse."
The offer comes just over a week after Jos A Bank revealed plans to buy outdoor wear brand Eddie Bauer from private equity firm Golden Gate Capital in a deal worth $825m.
Jos A Bank, however, left the door open, saying it could terminate the deal if it receives an acquisition offer that would create "greater value for Jos A Bank's shareholders than the Eddie Bauer transaction and issuer tender offer".
Sandler said the Men's Wearhouse improved offer "clearly represents a superior alternative for Jos A Bank shareholders compared to remaining independent and acquiring Eddie Bauer".
In response to the offer, Jos A Bank has said it will review all aspects of the revised bid and make a recommendation to stockholders in due course.
The Global market review of Workwear which was first published by just-style in 2010 proved to be one of our best selling reports to date. Hardly surprising then, that there has been much anticipation...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
US men's apparel and footwear business Jos A Bank Clothiers said it is delivering results on its top and bottom line performance, despite booking a slight drop in fourth-quarter earnings today (2 Apri...
The Men's Wearhouse suffered an increased adjusted net loss in the fourth quarter, with retail sales in particular hit by bad weather and poor consumer sentiment....
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Tesco FY results: What the analysts say
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Bangladesh clothing exports to Japan to hit $1bn
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects