US: Eminence backs Men's Wearhouse revised bid for Jos A Bank
Men's Wearhouse yesterday (25 February) increased its bid for Jos A Bank Clothiers as the battle for takeover between the two retailers continues. The retailer submitted an offer of US$63.50 per share, up from its previous offer of $57.50.
In light of the improved offer, Eminence CEO Ricky Sandler said he was "extremely pleased" Men's Wearhouse had made "a full and fair offer" for Jos A Bank.
"We have maintained all along that the combination of these two great companies is the best outcome for all shareholders. If the board of Jos A Bank properly fulfills its fiduciary duty, we expect it will come to the conclusion that it should accept this offer to merge with Men's Wearhouse."
The offer comes just over a week after Jos A Bank revealed plans to buy outdoor wear brand Eddie Bauer from private equity firm Golden Gate Capital in a deal worth $825m.
Jos A Bank, however, left the door open, saying it could terminate the deal if it receives an acquisition offer that would create "greater value for Jos A Bank's shareholders than the Eddie Bauer transaction and issuer tender offer".
Sandler said the Men's Wearhouse improved offer "clearly represents a superior alternative for Jos A Bank shareholders compared to remaining independent and acquiring Eddie Bauer".
In response to the offer, Jos A Bank has said it will review all aspects of the revised bid and make a recommendation to stockholders in due course.
Sports apparel is worn during workouts or any physical exercise to provide the wearer comfort and style. T-shirts, hoodies, shorts, and tracksuits are typical sport-specific apparel used while playing...
Formal clothing specialist Men's Wearhouse has been ordered to pay $42.6m in damages to a former licensee of its JA Apparel business....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015