US: Eminence backs Men's Wearhouse revised bid for Jos A Bank
Men's Wearhouse yesterday (25 February) increased its bid for Jos A Bank Clothiers as the battle for takeover between the two retailers continues. The retailer submitted an offer of US$63.50 per share, up from its previous offer of $57.50.
In light of the improved offer, Eminence CEO Ricky Sandler said he was "extremely pleased" Men's Wearhouse had made "a full and fair offer" for Jos A Bank.
"We have maintained all along that the combination of these two great companies is the best outcome for all shareholders. If the board of Jos A Bank properly fulfills its fiduciary duty, we expect it will come to the conclusion that it should accept this offer to merge with Men's Wearhouse."
The offer comes just over a week after Jos A Bank revealed plans to buy outdoor wear brand Eddie Bauer from private equity firm Golden Gate Capital in a deal worth $825m.
Jos A Bank, however, left the door open, saying it could terminate the deal if it receives an acquisition offer that would create "greater value for Jos A Bank's shareholders than the Eddie Bauer transaction and issuer tender offer".
Sandler said the Men's Wearhouse improved offer "clearly represents a superior alternative for Jos A Bank shareholders compared to remaining independent and acquiring Eddie Bauer".
In response to the offer, Jos A Bank has said it will review all aspects of the revised bid and make a recommendation to stockholders in due course.
Eddie Bauer LLC - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT...
Formal clothing specialist Men's Wearhouse has been ordered to pay $42.6m in damages to a former licensee of its JA Apparel business....
The Global market review of Workwear which was first published by just-style in 2010 proved to be one of our best selling reports to date. Hardly surprising then, that there has been much anticipation...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Myanmar garment sector experiencing rapid growth
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- YKK “Eco-Dye” aims to cut zipper water waste
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead