Epson improves image quality for black garments
Printing specialist Epson has revealed updates to its Garment Creator software, which are said to offer superior image quality for black garments and reduce the time spent on product design.
The new enhanced software for the SureColor F2000 direct-to-garment (DTG) printer includes a 'use garment black' capability for reduced ink usage and an improved look and feel when printing on black garments.
"Now with the addition of our updated Garment Creator software, we are fulfilling our highest priority requests and our customers will be able to achieve new levels of image quality, all the while cutting down on the ink costs associated with imaging in the very popular black garment segment," says Larry Kaufman, product manager of professional imaging at Epson America.
The latest version of Garment Creator software, available for OS X and Windows, automatically recognises and knocks out black areas of an image file and uses the black fabric of a garment. It will be available as a free download from Epson's website later this month.
SureColor F2000 prints directly onto garments, including T-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies and tote bags – ranging from 100% cotton to 50/50 cotton/synthetic fibre blends.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack