US: Equity group buys Not Your Daughter’s Jeans
Denim apparel company Not Your Daughter's Jeans (NYDJ) has sold a controlling interest in the business to private equity group Falconhead Capital for an undisclosed sum.
The California-based company was founded in 2003 by Lisa Rudes-Sandel and siblings Leslie and Kenneth, and also involves father George Rudes.
Currently stocked in department stores including Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, Macy's and Dillard's, NYDJ also sells to 3,000 speciality stores across the US and in Canada, Ireland, the UK, the Netherlands and elsewhere.
"Our management team and employees have accomplished a great deal in the short five years since NYDJ was founded," said George Rudes.
"The new executive leadership that we are bringing into the company through this transaction will enable us to take NYDJ to a new level and accomplish our long-term business objectives."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Sales of jeans in the US have been driven by the popularity of premium denim in the last few years, including the extension of premium denim brands onto kids' racks, but sales are expected to slide ov...
Times are tough for US department stores, with Macy's, Saks Inc, Nordstrom, TJX, Kohl's and JC Penney all posting tumbling annual profits this week. And with a prolonged recessionary period predicted ...
About 31,000 Nordstrom girl's shoes, made in China and imported and sold by Nordstrom Inc have been recalled because surface paint on the outer sole of the shoes contains excessive levels of lead....
Aggressive cost cutting at Dillard's was unable to offset "significant declines" in sales and gross margin, pushing the department store retailer to a fourth quarter loss....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' February 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Despite posting a 68% slump in fourth quarter profit yesterday (23 February), shares in Nordstrom surged after the retailer's sales were slightly better than expected and earnings per share were in-li...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' January 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Department store retailer Macy's Inc is axing 7,000 jobs, lowering its quarterly dividend, cutting back on capital expenditure and centralising its buying and merchandise planning operations as part o...
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts