CHINA: Erke deploys planning tools as upgrade continues
Chinese apparel and accessories firm Erke has implemented Oracle Retail Merchandise Planning and Optimization software as part of an ongoing upgrade of its retail business model.
Erke said it has deployed the Oracle solutions to "help integrate planning capabilities" across its operations including subsidiaries, in order to gain insights for its strategic objectives.
The company has been accelerating the upgrade of its retail business model and said it "understands the value advanced planning tools can deliver in empowering retailers to optimise planning, assortment and inventory to impact the customer experience".
With greater insight into business data, Erke added that it can "better align assortment to meet demand, maximising opportunities, improving margins and increasing customer satisfaction".
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Cambodia employers and unions unhappy at wage rise
- Uzbekistan forces more adults into cotton harvest
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Coats launches new services business in Vietnam
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- J Crew embarks on new expansion phase