ITALY: Ermenegildo Zegna Names De Sole As Advisor
Italian textile and clothing group Ermenegildo Zegna has named designer Domenico De Sole, who has recently set up a new luxury brand with Tom Ford, as its group advisor.
The appointment of De Sole comes as part of Zegna's consolidation of its presence in the European, North American and Japanese markets, and attempt to expand within newer markets such as China, Russia, Brazil and India.
De Sole, who has been a partner of the group for over a decade and is an ex-chief executive of luxury giant Gucci, will work jointly with Marco Vitale, a member of Zegna's board.
Milan-based Ermenegildo Zegna saw a 5.5 per cent rise in year-on-year sales to €634 million in 2004, with net profit growing 14.4 per cent to €44.5m.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
High-end fashion designer Tom Ford has made a long-awaited announcement on his next project after signing a deal with Ermenegildo Zegna Group for a new men's range. ...
Mapier's other clients include Hugo Boss AG and Ermenegildo Zegna....
Piero Braga, commercial manager at Luxury goods group Tod's SpA, has quit the company to join fashion house Gucci as European wholesale director....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective