ERP helps TAL Apparel achieve an agile business
Hong Kong based manufacturing giant TAL Apparel Limited is implementing a cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to help support an agile business model targeting high-end brands.
The company, which has factories in Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Mainland China and Indonesia, and sales offices in the US, has upgraded from the Infor M3 solution to Infor CloudSuite Fashion.
A clear roadmap from current on-premises to SaaS (software as a service), coupled with purpose-built features co-developed by Infor and TAL Apparel and integrated into the standard CloudSuite Fashion, made it possible to conduct a fast, direct deployment.
"In order to achieve an agile business model, companies have to set up an efficient supply chain platform, quicken the speed at which brands place orders to the factory, as well as reduce delivery time to the customer or end-customer," explains Dr Delman Lee, president and CTO, TAL Apparel Limited.
The new solution, he adds, "meets TAL Apparel's ERP business requirements for a system that is agile, configurable and scalable. We partner to strive for zero modifications and single tenancy."
The Infor CloudSuite Fashion solution is pre-configured with fashion best practices, and enables an organisation to manage both style and non-style products in the same system and gain visibility across every aspect of the value chain.
It can connect and share information with the company's internal team, suppliers, production staff, and customers – all within a secure infrastructure built specifically for fashion.
Deployment is underway and the system is expected to be rolled out by the end of 2018.
For our annual briefing on apparel industry issues to watch in the year ahead, just-style has again asked leading executives for their feedback on the challenges and opportunities likely to emerge in ...
Business softwear supplier Infor is planning to ramp up its growth after securing a $2bn investment from private equity firm Koch Equity Development....
India-based branded hosiery specialist Dixcy Textiles is deploying a new ERP system to help enhance its core business processes and employee user experience....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack