GERMANY: Escada appoints Wahlers as finance chief
German fashion firm Escada has appointed Villeroy & Boch CFO, Jörg Wahlers, as its new finance chief.
Wahlers joins Escada to take up the role of CFO and COO from May. He will be responsible for the international manufacture of luxury women's fashion for the commercial sector and group operations. In addition, he assumes responsibility for IT, logistics, legal and human resources.
He will take over from interim CFO Felix Geiger who took over the role when Michael Bornicke stepped down.
Prior to working for ceramic producer Villeroy & Boch, Wahlers held financial managerial positions with Reckitt Benckiser and Campbell Soup.
Escada said the appointment is "an important step" in the process of strengthening the company's management team.
Last month, CEO Bruno Sälzer announced his intention to step down from his post in order to "pursue new professional challenges". The firm has begun a search for a new chief executive.
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Myanmar textile association to lift garment makers
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis