GERMANY: Escada appoints Wahlers as finance chief
German fashion firm Escada has appointed Villeroy & Boch CFO, Jörg Wahlers, as its new finance chief.
Wahlers joins Escada to take up the role of CFO and COO from May. He will be responsible for the international manufacture of luxury women's fashion for the commercial sector and group operations. In addition, he assumes responsibility for IT, logistics, legal and human resources.
He will take over from interim CFO Felix Geiger who took over the role when Michael Bornicke stepped down.
Prior to working for ceramic producer Villeroy & Boch, Wahlers held financial managerial positions with Reckitt Benckiser and Campbell Soup.
Escada said the appointment is "an important step" in the process of strengthening the company's management team.
Last month, CEO Bruno Sälzer announced his intention to step down from his post in order to "pursue new professional challenges". The firm has begun a search for a new chief executive.
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Is China really going through a slump?
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- US Q1 in brief - Sears, Abercrombie & Fitch
- M&S to see "departure" of sourcing chiefs?
- Gap to close 75 stores amid "disastrous" Q1
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production