GERMANY: Escada appoints Wahlers as finance chief
German fashion firm Escada has appointed Villeroy & Boch CFO, Jörg Wahlers, as its new finance chief.
Wahlers joins Escada to take up the role of CFO and COO from May. He will be responsible for the international manufacture of luxury women's fashion for the commercial sector and group operations. In addition, he assumes responsibility for IT, logistics, legal and human resources.
He will take over from interim CFO Felix Geiger who took over the role when Michael Bornicke stepped down.
Prior to working for ceramic producer Villeroy & Boch, Wahlers held financial managerial positions with Reckitt Benckiser and Campbell Soup.
Escada said the appointment is "an important step" in the process of strengthening the company's management team.
Last month, CEO Bruno Sälzer announced his intention to step down from his post in order to "pursue new professional challenges". The firm has begun a search for a new chief executive.
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)