GERMANY: Escada appoints Wahlers as finance chief
German fashion firm Escada has appointed Villeroy & Boch CFO, Jörg Wahlers, as its new finance chief.
Wahlers joins Escada to take up the role of CFO and COO from May. He will be responsible for the international manufacture of luxury women's fashion for the commercial sector and group operations. In addition, he assumes responsibility for IT, logistics, legal and human resources.
He will take over from interim CFO Felix Geiger who took over the role when Michael Bornicke stepped down.
Prior to working for ceramic producer Villeroy & Boch, Wahlers held financial managerial positions with Reckitt Benckiser and Campbell Soup.
Escada said the appointment is "an important step" in the process of strengthening the company's management team.
Last month, CEO Bruno Sälzer announced his intention to step down from his post in order to "pursue new professional challenges". The firm has begun a search for a new chief executive.
Clothing Manufacture (Germany) Industry Report
Plimsoll Publishing’s CLOTHING MANUFACTURE (Germany) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the CLOTHING MANUFACTURE (Germany) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 260 ...read more
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- M&S project benefits garment worker health
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years
- Over 8,000 children in Delhi garment industry
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day