GERMANY: Escada appoints Wahlers as finance chief
German fashion firm Escada has appointed Villeroy & Boch CFO, Jörg Wahlers, as its new finance chief.
Wahlers joins Escada to take up the role of CFO and COO from May. He will be responsible for the international manufacture of luxury women's fashion for the commercial sector and group operations. In addition, he assumes responsibility for IT, logistics, legal and human resources.
He will take over from interim CFO Felix Geiger who took over the role when Michael Bornicke stepped down.
Prior to working for ceramic producer Villeroy & Boch, Wahlers held financial managerial positions with Reckitt Benckiser and Campbell Soup.
Escada said the appointment is "an important step" in the process of strengthening the company's management team.
Last month, CEO Bruno Sälzer announced his intention to step down from his post in order to "pursue new professional challenges". The firm has begun a search for a new chief executive.
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Supply chain focus for Puma sustainability targets
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis