GERMANY: Escada chief exec Salzer to step down
Bruno Sälzer, the chief executive of German fashion firm Escada, is to step down from his post at the end of the year.
Sälzer has been CEO of the international luxury womenswear brand since 2008, but said he was leaving "to pursue new professional challenges". The firm said it has begun a search to find a new chief executive.
"I would like to express my sincere thanks to Bruno for his leadership over the past six years," said chairman Megha Mittal. "He has steered Escada successfully during this period and I wish him continued success in the future. I continue to be excited about the potential at Escada."
During his six-year tenure, Escada has strengthened its operations, rolling out 90 retail stores in its new shop concept and expanding its presence in Asia. It also extended its product line to include watches, jewellery and home textiles through new licensing arrangements. In 2013, the company also launched its e-store.
Bruno Sälzer, the former chief executive of German fashion firm Escada, is become CEO and chairman of fashion brand Bench after acquiring a 15% stake in the firm....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change