GERMANY: Escada chief exec Salzer to step down
Bruno Sälzer, the chief executive of German fashion firm Escada, is to step down from his post at the end of the year.
Sälzer has been CEO of the international luxury womenswear brand since 2008, but said he was leaving "to pursue new professional challenges". The firm said it has begun a search to find a new chief executive.
"I would like to express my sincere thanks to Bruno for his leadership over the past six years," said chairman Megha Mittal. "He has steered Escada successfully during this period and I wish him continued success in the future. I continue to be excited about the potential at Escada."
During his six-year tenure, Escada has strengthened its operations, rolling out 90 retail stores in its new shop concept and expanding its presence in Asia. It also extended its product line to include watches, jewellery and home textiles through new licensing arrangements. In 2013, the company also launched its e-store.
Bruno Sälzer, the former chief executive of German fashion firm Escada, is become CEO and chairman of fashion brand Bench after acquiring a 15% stake in the firm....
Several factors affected womenswear in Argentina during 2013. Import barriers driving leading international brands to leave the country and a worsening local business environment and accelerating infl...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam