GERMANY: Escada chief exec Salzer to step down
Bruno Sälzer, the chief executive of German fashion firm Escada, is to step down from his post at the end of the year.
Sälzer has been CEO of the international luxury womenswear brand since 2008, but said he was leaving "to pursue new professional challenges". The firm said it has begun a search to find a new chief executive.
"I would like to express my sincere thanks to Bruno for his leadership over the past six years," said chairman Megha Mittal. "He has steered Escada successfully during this period and I wish him continued success in the future. I continue to be excited about the potential at Escada."
During his six-year tenure, Escada has strengthened its operations, rolling out 90 retail stores in its new shop concept and expanding its presence in Asia. It also extended its product line to include watches, jewellery and home textiles through new licensing arrangements. In 2013, the company also launched its e-store.
Sports apparel is worn during workouts or any physical exercise to provide the wearer comfort and style. T-shirts, hoodies, shorts, and tracksuits are typical sport-specific apparel used while playing...
Several factors affected womenswear in Argentina during 2013. Import barriers driving leading international brands to leave the country and a worsening local business environment and accelerating infl...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Innovation and supply chain remain key for Nike
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019