GERMANY: Escada promotes Wingate to fashion director
German fashion firm Escada has promoted design director Daniel Wingate to fashion director across its two brands.
Wingate will be responsible for the direction of the company's Escada and Escada Sport lines. He will continue to report to Bettina Hammerl, brand director of Escada, while Susanne Schaefer remains brand director of Escada Sport.
The company is also expanding Escada Sport to include luxury casualwear, including knitwear, jersey, denim and outerwear.
DANIEL WINGATE BECOMES FASHION DIRECTOR
OF ESCADA AND ESCADA SPORT
Munich/Aschheim, November 27, 2012: With its Resort 2014 collection, which will be ready for order in April 2013 and available in stores from November 2013, ESCADA SPORT will expand its offer with a luxury casualwear part and will – complementary to the more formal ESCADA main line – aim towards a mere casual collection. ESCADA SPORT will focus on the product groups knitwear, jersey, denim and outerwear and thus create a relaxed, easy and sportive look.
Daniel Wingate, to date Design Director of ESCADA main line, will as of now become Fashion Director of ESCADA and ESCADA SPORT and be responsible for the direction of the two brand lines. In his role he will still report to Bettina Hammerl, Brand Director ESCADA. Susanne Schaefer stays Brand Director of ESCADA SPORT.
Original source: Escada
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- China's apparel sector ponders sustainability
- US textile and apparel trade and sourcing snapshot
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- Long-term partnerships key to Adidas sourcing mode