GERMANY: Escada raises EUR50m, hires ex-Hugo Boss CEO
The German women's wear company said on Tuesday (24 June) that Michael and Wolfgang Herz, the owners of the Tchibo retail chain will acquire a significant minority interest in the company in the first of two cash tranches that will increase its stock by around 10%.
The second tranche will be offered to existing shareholders, and will increase the number of Escada shares from 17.19m to 20.90m.
The move will mean the Herz brothers will now have a stake of almost 30% in the struggling firm.
The Munich-based company also said it had agreed to extend a EUR90m credit facility for one year to the end of 2009.
Markus Schürholz, Escada CFO said the cash will help provide "a stable financial base for the Group's strategic reorientation."
The company last week cut its forecasts for the year, saying both earnings and revenue would be below expectations.
Dr Bruno Sälzer, who takes up his post on 1 July and replaces current CEO Jean Marc-Loubier, said: "Few brands in the luxury fashion industry combine such worldwide renown with such great untapped potential.
"Escada has everything it needs to grow profitable in the luxury goods market…but must definitely act promptly to catch back up with its competitors."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Nanotechnology can imbue textiles with eye-catching properties, but scientists and watchdogs are increasingly uncertain about the extent to which safety issues surrounding such developments have been ...
Luxury fashion group Escada expects to post a bigger loss for the 2007/8 fiscal year after unveiling a sales decline of 15.1% and a slump in EBITDA....
Luxury women's wear group Escada has started the sale process for its fashion brand subsidiary Primera....
Here is just-style's snapshot of quotes from the second day of the 24th IAF World Apparel Convention in Maastricht last week:...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts