US: ESPN agrees licensing deal with American Sporting Goods
ESPN Consumer Products has signed a licensing agreement with California-based athletic footwear wholesaler and manufacturer American Sporting Goods Corp (ASG) to develop and launch the X Games Gear's footwear line.
The footwear line will be managed, designed and developed through ASG's Extreme Sports division Nice Skate Shoes (NSS).
The collection, scheduled for a spring 2008 launch, will feature styles including casual, lifestyle, athletic and performance shoes/sneakers, slides, slip-ons, slippers, sandals, boots and flip-flops.
It will be distributed through specialty retail outlets as well as select sporting goods retailers, mid-tier department stores and family footwear stores.
"We are excited to expand our successful X Games Gear apparel and accessories business by including the footwear category," said Steve Cipolla, vice president and general manager, ESPN consumer products licensing.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022