CHINA: Esprit appoints Li as divisional head
Esprit has appointed Holly Li as CEO of the apparel retailer's Chinese division, joining the company from Adidas.
The company today (15 November) said that Li will be responsible for "achieving Esprit's growth ambitions in China. She will report to CEO Ronald van der Vis.
Li is currently vice president and general manager for North China of Adidas.
Esprit said in September that China, the company's second largest market after Germany, would be a focus as it pulls out of North America and sells its retail businesses in Spain, Denmark, and Sweden.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Diesel has slammed a report in which it is accused of continuing to source its products from Bangladeshi suppliers that use sandblasting, despite the denim brand banning the practice. ...
In September last year, fashion retailer Esprit revealed a bold turnaround strategy. In an update yesterday, the company revealed how these extensive plans are set to touch all areas of its business....
Esprit saw its share price shoot up yesterday as the company recorded third-quarter comparable-store sales growth and completed the divestiture of its North American operations. ...
Fashion brand and retailer Esprit has hired Thomas Tang as its new CFO and executive director, following the decision by predecessor Chew Fook Aun to step down due to "personal reasons" last year....
The organisers of the Prime Source Forum event, which opened in Hong Kong earlier today (28 March), are also planning to launch a parallel meeting in India later this year. ...
Discount retail giant Target Corporation has joined global brands and retailers including Levi Strauss, H&M, Gucci, Benetton and Esprit in banning the use of sandblasting on all owned-brand and nation...
Fashion retailer Esprit today (23 February) reported a sharp decline in half-year net income as the struggling retailer reassured shareholders that turnaround plans remain on-track....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar