USA: Esprit Appoints New Licensing Chief
Mr. Joseph E. Heid, chairman and chief executive officer of San Francisco-based Esprit de Corp, today announced that Mr. Bill Lampl has been named to the newly created position of president of Esprit Brands Licensing. Mr. Heid called Mr. Lampl's selection as head of Esprit Brands Licensing, "a very positive move upward for one of our highly talented senior executives." Mr. Lampl previously served as president of Esprit's Dr. Seuss division where he managed sales, production, design and marketing for the company's youth apparel line. He joined Esprit in 1994 as vice president of Esprit's Dr. Seuss Division. As Dr. Seuss Division president, Mr. Lampl introduced over 75 Dr. Seuss product categories into the marketplace, grew division sales from zero to $75m in only five years, and created a sublicense program with 30 companies to handle manufacturing, sales and distribution of Dr. Seuss apparel, footwear, accessories and watches. "Bill Lampl has shown considerable creativity and drive in running our Dr. Seuss Division. He will bring those same capabilities and talents to Esprit Brands Licensing," Mr. Heid said. In his new position, Mr. Lampl will oversee Esprit's licensing business throughout the US. He will have responsibility for overseeing daily operations and developing and executing creative marketing programs for all of Esprit's licensees. He will also identify and develop potential Esprit licensees and identify and evaluate Esprit Brand categories that may be appropriate for licensing. Esprit de Corp is headquartered in San Francisco. The company was founded in 1968. Esprit has developed into a worldwide organization with operations on five continents. Esprit designs, produces and distributes a wide variety of products including Women's Sportswear, Children's Wear, Footwear, Accessories and an assortment of Dr. Seuss merchandise.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022