HONG KONG: Esprit expects to swing to H1 profit
Esprit's share price rose 1.78% to HKD15.98 today
Hong Kong fashion brand Esprit has seen its share price increase after it said it expects to return to profit in the first half, after reducing expenses.
The company, which is in the midst of a turnaround plan to focus more on fast fashion, said it expects to record a "slight profit" during the first half to 30 June, compared a loss in the same period of the prior year.
This, Esprit said, is mainly due to a reduction in operating expenses.
The news comes after the retail chain tweaked its turnaround plan in September, after it swung to a full-year loss of HKD4.3bn (US$554.5m).
Sales fell 11.5% in local currency terms to HKD25.9bn, mainly due to a decline in Europe as well as the decision to shutter its North American operations. Excluding the impact of the store closures, turnover fell 7.7% on the prior year to HKD25.52bn.
Esprit's share price rose 1.78% to HKD15.98 after the market closed this morning (23 January).
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Esprit has taken significant measures to overhaul its operations, distribution and branding through a high-cost transformation plan. However, with a focus on fragile Western Europe and intensely compe...
Introduction Global Footwear industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile al......
Introduction Footwear in United Arab Emirates industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018......
Introduction Footwear in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile......
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details