HONG KONG: Esprit in first-half profit warning
Hong Kong-based clothing brand Esprit has issued a first-half profit warning as the company continues with efforts to restructure its business.
Esprit yesterday (18 December) said it expects to record a loss for the six months to the end of December. It blamed worse-than-expected operating results for the period after the group's first quarter results.
The company said it will continue to focus its efforts on rebuilding and revitalising the brand, overhauling its products including an improvement in quality, and to provide better efficiencies in its supply chain and distribution channels.
Esprit also said it believes these actions will help return the group to growth when the market recovers.
Last month, the clothing brand saw its share price rise after a rights issue was more than seven times oversubscribed.
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
The Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) Group has launched version two of its Joint Roadmap, aimed at attaining a "new standard of environmental performance for the global apparel and footwea...
Fast Retailing, the owner of Japanese casual clothing brand Uniqlo, is continuing to review the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh....
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects