HONG KONG: Esprit in first-half profit warning
Hong Kong-based clothing brand Esprit has issued a first-half profit warning as the company continues with efforts to restructure its business.
Esprit yesterday (18 December) said it expects to record a loss for the six months to the end of December. It blamed worse-than-expected operating results for the period after the group's first quarter results.
The company said it will continue to focus its efforts on rebuilding and revitalising the brand, overhauling its products including an improvement in quality, and to provide better efficiencies in its supply chain and distribution channels.
Esprit also said it believes these actions will help return the group to growth when the market recovers.
Last month, the clothing brand saw its share price rise after a rights issue was more than seven times oversubscribed.
More than 180 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
The Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) Group has launched version two of its Joint Roadmap, aimed at attaining a "new standard of environmental performance for the global apparel and footwea...
Fast Retailing, the owner of Japanese casual clothing brand Uniqlo, is continuing to review the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh....
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- H&M calls for annual wage reviews in Bangladesh
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Cambodia garment workers campaign for higher wages
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020