HONG KONG: Esprit names Tang CFO as Chew exits
Tang will lead and oversee the finance and accounting functions, as well as other corporate functions including legal and compliance, company secretary, tax, investor relations, IT, treasury and internal audit.
"Thomas will spend at least half of his time in Europe and work together with me and the rest of the board of management to ensure timely and smooth execution of the transformation plan," Ronald van der Vis, group CEO.
When Chew handed in his resignation he said he was unable to travel extensively to Europe to carry out the troubled brand's transformation plan.
Prior to joining the company, Tang served as executive director and CFO of property developers Sino Land Co and Sino Hotels (Holdings).
Last year, Esprit unveiled a bold turnaround strategy, including divesting its North American operations as well as its retail businesses in Spain, Denmark and Sweden.
The company said it was also seeking a licence partner in the region, a new branding strategy, a new sourcing strategy and a new wholesale strategy.
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include profiles of US lingerie retailer Victoria's Secret and fashion retailer Esprit, a look at the footwear markets in Indonesia and Taiw...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
Hong Kong based clothing retailer Esprit today (26 September) seen its share price drop despite recording soaring full-year profits....
French outdoor clothing retailer Lafuma has confirmed that South Korean apparel conglomerate E-Land is in talks to buy the firm. ...
German department store operator Karstadt has made a number of new appointments in its fashion and merchandising department as part of its turnaround plans....
Women's footwear brand Sam Edelman has announced that Libby Edelman will rejoin the company to help drive the marketing and licensing of the brand. ...
Top stories on just-style this week included a report on clothing brands seeking a forum to raise concerns with the government in Bangladesh, an article on how cooler weather boosted UK clothing sales...
Hong Kong-based clothing brand Esprit has seen its share price soar after announcing the appointment of Jose Manuel Martínez Gutiérrez as CEO and executive director....
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Changes in China cotton policies cause uncertainty
- Responsive supply chain key to Gap's growth plans
- String traceability tool goes back to basics
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Adidas supplier factory strike enters second week
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy