HONG KONG: Esprit names Tang CFO as Chew exits
Tang will lead and oversee the finance and accounting functions, as well as other corporate functions including legal and compliance, company secretary, tax, investor relations, IT, treasury and internal audit.
"Thomas will spend at least half of his time in Europe and work together with me and the rest of the board of management to ensure timely and smooth execution of the transformation plan," Ronald van der Vis, group CEO.
When Chew handed in his resignation he said he was unable to travel extensively to Europe to carry out the troubled brand's transformation plan.
Prior to joining the company, Tang served as executive director and CFO of property developers Sino Land Co and Sino Hotels (Holdings).
Last year, Esprit unveiled a bold turnaround strategy, including divesting its North American operations as well as its retail businesses in Spain, Denmark and Sweden.
The company said it was also seeking a licence partner in the region, a new branding strategy, a new sourcing strategy and a new wholesale strategy.
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include profiles of US lingerie retailer Victoria's Secret and fashion retailer Esprit, a look at the footwear markets in Indonesia and Taiw...
Hong Kong based clothing retailer Esprit today (26 September) seen its share price drop despite recording soaring full-year profits....
French outdoor clothing retailer Lafuma has confirmed that South Korean apparel conglomerate E-Land is in talks to buy the firm. ...
German department store operator Karstadt has made a number of new appointments in its fashion and merchandising department as part of its turnaround plans....
Women's footwear brand Sam Edelman has announced that Libby Edelman will rejoin the company to help drive the marketing and licensing of the brand. ...
Top stories on just-style this week included a report on clothing brands seeking a forum to raise concerns with the government in Bangladesh, an article on how cooler weather boosted UK clothing sales...
Hong Kong-based clothing brand Esprit has seen its share price soar after announcing the appointment of Jose Manuel Martínez Gutiérrez as CEO and executive director....
Fashion brand and retailer Esprit has announced a number of new management appointments a month after the company, which is in the midst of a transformation plan, reported the departure of its CEO Ron...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre