HONG KONG: Esprit publishes Discharge Progress Report
Esprit is preparing to extend the Restricted Substances List with a Manufactured Restricted Substance List
Fashion business Esprit has aimed to reinforce its green credentials by publishing a Discharge Progress Report and detailed test results on wastewater discharges.
The company uses independent test reports on chemical content for all of its products, and employs in-house laboratories to check products for restricted substances.
Esprit also joined the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals group (ZDHC) with the aim of phasing out all hazardous chemicals in the global textile supply chain by 2020.
It maintains a publicly available Restricted Substances List, revised annually, and is currently preparing to extend this with a Manufactured Restricted Substance List, including any harmful chemicals used in manufacturing which may be later washed out or undetectable.
APEOs – laundry detergent chemicals banned in the EU – have been “effectively banned” in Esprit products since 2012, and the company’s goal is to phase out all Perfluorinated Carbons by the end of 2014.
“Being sustainable also means creating high quality fashion that customers can enjoy for a long time, and making sure that we produce this fashion in a responsible way,” Esprit said.
“It is a continuous journey on which we strive every day to make a difference."
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Esprit has taken significant measures to overhaul its operations, distribution and branding through a high-cost transformation plan. However, with a focus on fragile Western Europe and intensely compe...
- Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report