HONG KONG: Esprit publishes Discharge Progress Report
Esprit is preparing to extend the Restricted Substances List with a Manufactured Restricted Substance List
Fashion business Esprit has aimed to reinforce its green credentials by publishing a Discharge Progress Report and detailed test results on wastewater discharges.
The company uses independent test reports on chemical content for all of its products, and employs in-house laboratories to check products for restricted substances.
Esprit also joined the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals group (ZDHC) with the aim of phasing out all hazardous chemicals in the global textile supply chain by 2020.
It maintains a publicly available Restricted Substances List, revised annually, and is currently preparing to extend this with a Manufactured Restricted Substance List, including any harmful chemicals used in manufacturing which may be later washed out or undetectable.
APEOs – laundry detergent chemicals banned in the EU – have been “effectively banned” in Esprit products since 2012, and the company’s goal is to phase out all Perfluorinated Carbons by the end of 2014.
“Being sustainable also means creating high quality fashion that customers can enjoy for a long time, and making sure that we produce this fashion in a responsible way,” Esprit said.
“It is a continuous journey on which we strive every day to make a difference."
More than 180 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Esprit has taken significant measures to overhaul its operations, distribution and branding through a high-cost transformation plan. However, with a focus on fragile Western Europe and intensely compe...
Introduction Global Footwear industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile al......
Introduction Footwear in United Arab Emirates industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018......
Introduction Footwear in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile......
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre