HONG KONG: Esprit publishes Discharge Progress Report
Esprit is preparing to extend the Restricted Substances List with a Manufactured Restricted Substance List
Fashion business Esprit has aimed to reinforce its green credentials by publishing a Discharge Progress Report and detailed test results on wastewater discharges.
The company uses independent test reports on chemical content for all of its products, and employs in-house laboratories to check products for restricted substances.
Esprit also joined the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals group (ZDHC) with the aim of phasing out all hazardous chemicals in the global textile supply chain by 2020.
It maintains a publicly available Restricted Substances List, revised annually, and is currently preparing to extend this with a Manufactured Restricted Substance List, including any harmful chemicals used in manufacturing which may be later washed out or undetectable.
APEOs – laundry detergent chemicals banned in the EU – have been “effectively banned” in Esprit products since 2012, and the company’s goal is to phase out all Perfluorinated Carbons by the end of 2014.
“Being sustainable also means creating high quality fashion that customers can enjoy for a long time, and making sure that we produce this fashion in a responsible way,” Esprit said.
“It is a continuous journey on which we strive every day to make a difference."
Canadean's "Esprit Holdings Limited : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compan...
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Introduction Footwear in United Arab Emirates industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018......
Introduction Footwear in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile......
Introduction Footwear in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile ......
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: DSW, Chico's, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015