HONG KONG: Esprit publishes Discharge Progress Report
Esprit is preparing to extend the Restricted Substances List with a Manufactured Restricted Substance List
Fashion business Esprit has aimed to reinforce its green credentials by publishing a Discharge Progress Report and detailed test results on wastewater discharges.
The company uses independent test reports on chemical content for all of its products, and employs in-house laboratories to check products for restricted substances.
Esprit also joined the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals group (ZDHC) with the aim of phasing out all hazardous chemicals in the global textile supply chain by 2020.
It maintains a publicly available Restricted Substances List, revised annually, and is currently preparing to extend this with a Manufactured Restricted Substance List, including any harmful chemicals used in manufacturing which may be later washed out or undetectable.
APEOs – laundry detergent chemicals banned in the EU – have been “effectively banned” in Esprit products since 2012, and the company’s goal is to phase out all Perfluorinated Carbons by the end of 2014.
“Being sustainable also means creating high quality fashion that customers can enjoy for a long time, and making sure that we produce this fashion in a responsible way,” Esprit said.
“It is a continuous journey on which we strive every day to make a difference."
Canadean's "Esprit Holdings Limited : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compan...
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Introduction Footwear in United Arab Emirates industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018......
Introduction Footwear in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile......
Introduction Footwear in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile ......
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- The Flanarant: TPP – now the real fight starts
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020