US: Esprit selects SAP software for retail, wholesale
Fashion brand Esprit is to implement business software from SAP as its platform for global retail and wholesale operations.
The agreement includes SAP for Retail solutions and the SAP(R) Apparel and Footwear application.
The deal was announced at the National Retail Federation (NRF) Conference being held in New York between 15-17 January.
"We selected SAP because of the broad functional coverage SAP provides to both retail and wholesale processes," said Esprit brand president Thomas Grote.
"We believe the SAP solutions will help us - in understanding our customers, anticipating their needs and then being able to execute better and inspire them to shop with us again and again. This will ultimately help drive profitable business growth for Esprit."
Wal-Mart Stores Inc is to reduce the number of shops that sell its fashion line by designer Mark Eisen in a bid to clear out stocks of unsold clothing....
Central America's struggling textiles and apparel industry could lure $600m-$1bn by 2010 if it works harder to attract foreign investment and undertakes a series of actions to bolster its internationa...
The National Institute of Fashion Technology is due to begin India's first national body size survey in the next two months. Its timing comes as the country's retail sector is booming and should lead ...
The clothing market in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is experiencing stellar growth on the back of rising consumer spending, a surge in tourists, and 145% growth in retail space as new malls and shop...
German sportswear company Puma has named Melody Harris-Jensbach to its management board where she will be responsible for product development, design, and worldwide sourcing....
Fashion retailer Giordano International Ltd has denied that it is in talks to sell a substantial stake in the company to one of its three rivals....
US shoppers are for the first time spending more money on clothing than computers when they shop online, and year-on-year growth is expected to exceed 20% in 2007 according to new research published t...
Target Corp on Monday (23 April) said that its April revenues will be "much weaker" than its initial plan of a decrease of 2% to 4% in same-store sales....
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report