HONG KONG: Esprit share price up on Q3 comps growth
Esprit saw its share price shoot up today (10 May) as the company recorded third-quarter comparable-store sales growth and completed the divestiture of its North American operations.
The Hong Kong based retailer saw its share price rise 5.27% to HKD14.78 per share as it revealed comparable store sales swung to a positive 0.5% growth over the quarter, against a 4.6% decline in the same period of the prior year.
However, the company, which is in the midst of a transformation plan, recorded a 7.2% decline in sales to HKD23.9bn for the nine months ended 31 March. Over the period, comparable-store sales fell 3%.
Retail sales fell 2.5% to HKD13.8bn, while wholesale revenues were down 15.5% to HKD9.9bn.
Over the period, the brand completed the divestment of its North American retail operations. It said it will also get a HKD700m write-back from the store closures.
It said its China design centre and trend division are progressing according to plan and will deliver their first collections in stores in August and September 2012 respectively.
Its central buying function has begun operating, and the company is hoping the shift will help it save around HKD1bn per year by the 2014/15 financial year.
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include profiles of US lingerie retailer Victoria's Secret and fashion retailer Esprit, a look at the footwear markets in Indonesia and Taiw...
Fashion retailer Esprit and its sourcing agent Li & Fung have been targeted by protesters in Hong Kong, Turkey and Thailand in a series of demonstrations accusing them of failing to pay wages and seve...
Top stories on just-style this week included a pledge by Marks & Spencer to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its supply chain by 2020, strong third-quarter profits at VF Corp, and news that Esprit i...
Hong Kong-based clothing brand Esprit is looking to raise up to HK$5.2bn (US$670m) through a rights issue to fund the execution of its transformation plan....
Hong Kong based clothing retailer Esprit today (26 September) seen its share price drop despite recording soaring full-year profits....
French outdoor clothing retailer Lafuma has confirmed that South Korean apparel conglomerate E-Land is in talks to buy the firm. ...
German department store operator Karstadt has made a number of new appointments in its fashion and merchandising department as part of its turnaround plans....
Women's footwear brand Sam Edelman has announced that Libby Edelman will rejoin the company to help drive the marketing and licensing of the brand. ...
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Will Brexit trigger rise in UK manufacturing?
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Target hires Apple exec for global sourcing post
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape