HONG KONG: Esprit share price up on Q3 comps growth
Esprit saw its share price shoot up today (10 May) as the company recorded third-quarter comparable-store sales growth and completed the divestiture of its North American operations.
The Hong Kong based retailer saw its share price rise 5.27% to HKD14.78 per share as it revealed comparable store sales swung to a positive 0.5% growth over the quarter, against a 4.6% decline in the same period of the prior year.
However, the company, which is in the midst of a transformation plan, recorded a 7.2% decline in sales to HKD23.9bn for the nine months ended 31 March. Over the period, comparable-store sales fell 3%.
Retail sales fell 2.5% to HKD13.8bn, while wholesale revenues were down 15.5% to HKD9.9bn.
Over the period, the brand completed the divestment of its North American retail operations. It said it will also get a HKD700m write-back from the store closures.
It said its China design centre and trend division are progressing according to plan and will deliver their first collections in stores in August and September 2012 respectively.
Its central buying function has begun operating, and the company is hoping the shift will help it save around HKD1bn per year by the 2014/15 financial year.
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include profiles of US lingerie retailer Victoria's Secret and fashion retailer Esprit, a look at the footwear markets in Indonesia and Taiw...
Fashion retailer Esprit and its sourcing agent Li & Fung have been targeted by protesters in Hong Kong, Turkey and Thailand in a series of demonstrations accusing them of failing to pay wages and seve...
Top stories on just-style this week included a pledge by Marks & Spencer to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its supply chain by 2020, strong third-quarter profits at VF Corp, and news that Esprit i...
Hong Kong-based clothing brand Esprit is looking to raise up to HK$5.2bn (US$670m) through a rights issue to fund the execution of its transformation plan....
Hong Kong based clothing retailer Esprit today (26 September) seen its share price drop despite recording soaring full-year profits....
French outdoor clothing retailer Lafuma has confirmed that South Korean apparel conglomerate E-Land is in talks to buy the firm. ...
German department store operator Karstadt has made a number of new appointments in its fashion and merchandising department as part of its turnaround plans....
Women's footwear brand Sam Edelman has announced that Libby Edelman will rejoin the company to help drive the marketing and licensing of the brand. ...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Apparel industry not immune from Russia tensions
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Cotton prices set to slip on China policy change
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey