HONG KONG: Esprit Shares Surge On Full Brand Ownership
Shares in leading fashion retailer Esprit Holdings Ltd soared to record levels on Monday after it gained full ownership of the Esprit brand worldwide and trademark rights in the US and Caribbean. The Hong Kong-based company's stock surged around 30 per cent to HK$14.60 in early trade after it snapped up the trademark rights and a 37 per cent stake in Esprit International from US-based apparel producer Esprit de Corp, for a total of US$150 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack