HONG KONG: Esprit shares up after oversubscribed rights issue
Esprit received applications for 4.98bn shares, which was 7.7 times the 646m shares available for subscription
Hong Kong-based clothing brand Esprit has seen its share price increase after its rights issue was more than seven times oversubscribed.
The company received applications for 4.98bn shares, which was 7.7 times the 646m shares originally available for subscription. As a result, the retailer's share price rose 2.78% to HK12.58 at the close of trading today (26 November).
The remaining 15.5m excess rights shares have been allocated to qualifying shareholders on a pro rata basis by reference to the number of excess rights shares they applied for, according to a company filing.
Last month, Esprit said it would allow existing shareholders to buy one share at HK8 for every two they already own to raise up to HK$5.2bn (US$670m) to fund its transformation plan.
Esprit's former chairman Michael Ying more than doubled his stake in the company from 4.8% to 10.33% earlier this month.
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Esprit's plans to rejuvenate its brand have been described as a "total calamitous failure" by one analyst after the fashion retailer's turnaround efforts yet again failed to gain traction....
Struggling fashion business Esprit Holdings has issued a profit warning on the back of one-off charges likely to cost the company up to HK$2.75bn (US$354m)....
Hong Kong listed Luen Thai Holdings, one of the world's leading apparel manufacturing and supply chain services providers, has completed its US$55m acquisition of Singapore-based Ocean Sky Group....
Hong Kong-based fashion retailer Esprit has added three more former Inditex executives to its team to lead the company's new corporate strategy as well as develop and implement some of its major proje...
European activists have been detained by Cambodian police after taking part in a protest outside the E Garment clothing factory near Phnom Penh....
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide