HONG KONG: Esprit shares up after oversubscribed rights issue
Esprit received applications for 4.98bn shares, which was 7.7 times the 646m shares available for subscription
Hong Kong-based clothing brand Esprit has seen its share price increase after its rights issue was more than seven times oversubscribed.
The company received applications for 4.98bn shares, which was 7.7 times the 646m shares originally available for subscription. As a result, the retailer's share price rose 2.78% to HK12.58 at the close of trading today (26 November).
The remaining 15.5m excess rights shares have been allocated to qualifying shareholders on a pro rata basis by reference to the number of excess rights shares they applied for, according to a company filing.
Last month, Esprit said it would allow existing shareholders to buy one share at HK8 for every two they already own to raise up to HK$5.2bn (US$670m) to fund its transformation plan.
Esprit's former chairman Michael Ying more than doubled his stake in the company from 4.8% to 10.33% earlier this month.
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Childrenswear in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains des...
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Esprit's plans to rejuvenate its brand have been described as a "total calamitous failure" by one analyst after the fashion retailer's turnaround efforts yet again failed to gain traction....
Struggling fashion business Esprit Holdings has issued a profit warning on the back of one-off charges likely to cost the company up to HK$2.75bn (US$354m)....
Hong Kong listed Luen Thai Holdings, one of the world's leading apparel manufacturing and supply chain services providers, has completed its US$55m acquisition of Singapore-based Ocean Sky Group....
Hong Kong-based fashion retailer Esprit has added three more former Inditex executives to its team to lead the company's new corporate strategy as well as develop and implement some of its major proje...
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Open markets key for US apparel workers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges