HONG KONG: Esprit Signs More US Stores To Carry Its Fashions
The firm has also reported an 8 per cent rise in its German same-store sales between July and September. The figures are attributed to a good product mix and fast response to changing trends, and are particularly encouraging as the German market is fighting a sluggish economy.
Germany currently accounts for around half of Esprit's business. According to Heinz Krogner-Kornalik, deputy chairman and group chief executive officer, the company intends to increase its share of Germany's apparel market from 2.5 per cent to 4.5 per cent in the next four to five years.
Esprit says it is heading for a 20 per cent rise in turnover from Europe for the 12 months ending June 2003. Last year's group turnover was HK$9.22 billion (US$1.18 billion), with European sales contributing about 74 per cent.
Companies: Esprit Holdings
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The first major conference organised by the Business Social Compliance Initiative in Brussels last week was marred by protests against weak social audits and 'sweatshop cover-ups.' Jozef De Coster was...
Clothing company Esprit Holdings said slow European store sales failed to dampen six-month profit growth, which totalled a pleasing 15.7%....
Lifestyle apparel brand Esprit says it has fuelled growth plans and development capability with Geac's Product Lifecycle Management solution....
Lifestyle clothing brand Esprit is planning to boost garment sourcing from India, chief operating officer Thomas Johannes Grote told reporters....
The head of international brands at India's largest fashion apparel retailer, Madura Garments, has left the company just days after helping to launch the Esprit label in the country....
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police are charging a woman for importing and making fake designer clothing following a three-month investigation....
Mid-price fashion retailer Esprit Holdings Ltd has enjoyed a 67 per cent hike in full-year net profit, boosted by better sales and margins....
Yunsa, manufacturer of fabrics for men's and women's apparel, is aiming for sales of US$85 million in 2005....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report