HONG KONG/GERMANY: Esprit still sees UK as a "viable" business
Esprit said it still considers the UK market a viable business for the future
Hong Kong-listed fashion brand Esprit has reaffirmed its commitment to the UK retail market, describing it as "a viable business environment for now and in the future".
The company, which is in the midst of a restructuring programme designed to strengthen its long-term profitability, has four self-operated stores and three franchise stores in the UK.
"Esprit still maintains a strong market presence in the UK - particularly through our wholesale and e-commerce business channels, of which both continue to show significant growth, and still considers the UK market a viable business environment for now and in the future," a spokesperson for the group said in a statement sent to just-style today (2 April).
"The closure of these locations will help to resolve the current over-presence of stores in one area and also addresses the challenging market situation and overall situation of Esprit," the spokesperson added.
"We are confident that as a result of our Transformation Plan, our consumers and partners will benefit in future from a stronger brand, enhanced support for our stores and products offering outstanding value for money."
Canadean's "Esprit Holdings Limited : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compan...
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
Esprit has taken significant measures to overhaul its operations, distribution and branding through a high-cost transformation plan. However, with a focus on fragile Western Europe and intensely compe...
Introduction Footwear in United Arab Emirates industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018......
Introduction Footwear in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile......
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Connected sourcing networks ease payment problems
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Talks underway on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead