HONG KONG/GERMANY: Esprit still sees UK as a "viable" business
Esprit said it still considers the UK market a viable business for the future
Hong Kong-listed fashion brand Esprit has reaffirmed its commitment to the UK retail market, describing it as "a viable business environment for now and in the future".
The company, which is in the midst of a restructuring programme designed to strengthen its long-term profitability, has four self-operated stores and three franchise stores in the UK.
"Esprit still maintains a strong market presence in the UK - particularly through our wholesale and e-commerce business channels, of which both continue to show significant growth, and still considers the UK market a viable business environment for now and in the future," a spokesperson for the group said in a statement sent to just-style today (2 April).
"The closure of these locations will help to resolve the current over-presence of stores in one area and also addresses the challenging market situation and overall situation of Esprit," the spokesperson added.
"We are confident that as a result of our Transformation Plan, our consumers and partners will benefit in future from a stronger brand, enhanced support for our stores and products offering outstanding value for money."
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Esprit has taken significant measures to overhaul its operations, distribution and branding through a high-cost transformation plan. However, with a focus on fragile Western Europe and intensely compe...
Childrenswear in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains des...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change