HONG KONG/GERMANY: Esprit still sees UK as a "viable" business
Esprit said it still considers the UK market a viable business for the future
Hong Kong-listed fashion brand Esprit has reaffirmed its commitment to the UK retail market, describing it as "a viable business environment for now and in the future".
The company, which is in the midst of a restructuring programme designed to strengthen its long-term profitability, has four self-operated stores and three franchise stores in the UK.
"Esprit still maintains a strong market presence in the UK - particularly through our wholesale and e-commerce business channels, of which both continue to show significant growth, and still considers the UK market a viable business environment for now and in the future," a spokesperson for the group said in a statement sent to just-style today (2 April).
"The closure of these locations will help to resolve the current over-presence of stores in one area and also addresses the challenging market situation and overall situation of Esprit," the spokesperson added.
"We are confident that as a result of our Transformation Plan, our consumers and partners will benefit in future from a stronger brand, enhanced support for our stores and products offering outstanding value for money."
Introduction Childrenswear in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and forecast t......
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: dyes and inkjet printing inks; environmentally friendly apparel; fabric treatments; new ...
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- India sets out long-overdue clothing labour reform
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts