FRANCE: Esprit to cut 150 jobs with store closures
Esprit is to close 17 stores in France over the next year and a half
Fashion brand Esprit is to lay off more than 150 employees in France with the closure of 17 stores over the next year and a half, in an ongoing bid to cut costs.
The Hong Kong based company, which last year tweaked its turnaround plan to focus more on fast fashion, said it will close 17 loss-making stores France, which some reports say is half of its total store count in the country.
"As you know and we announced for a long time Esprit is currently undergoing a transformation process aimed at strengthening its brand and its profitability in the long term," a spokesperson for Esprit told just-style yesterday (12 February).
"Our goal is to offer customers outstanding value for money and win them over with even more attractive products and stores, as well as faster and more efficient structures. This holds especially true for France which is one of our key markets in Europe.
"We are confident that as a result of our transformation plan, customers will benefit in future from a stronger brand, enhanced support for our stores and products offering outstanding value for money."
Last month Esprit's share price rose following the news that it expects to return to profit in the first half. This, the company said, is due to a reduction in operating expenses.
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: dyes and inkjet printing inks; environmentally friendly apparel; fabric treatments; new ...
Canadean's "NFI Empik Media & Fashion S.A. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major pro...
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis