FRANCE: Esprit to cut 150 jobs with store closures
Esprit is to close 17 stores in France over the next year and a half
Fashion brand Esprit is to lay off more than 150 employees in France with the closure of 17 stores over the next year and a half, in an ongoing bid to cut costs.
The Hong Kong based company, which last year tweaked its turnaround plan to focus more on fast fashion, said it will close 17 loss-making stores France, which some reports say is half of its total store count in the country.
"As you know and we announced for a long time Esprit is currently undergoing a transformation process aimed at strengthening its brand and its profitability in the long term," a spokesperson for Esprit told just-style yesterday (12 February).
"Our goal is to offer customers outstanding value for money and win them over with even more attractive products and stores, as well as faster and more efficient structures. This holds especially true for France which is one of our key markets in Europe.
"We are confident that as a result of our transformation plan, customers will benefit in future from a stronger brand, enhanced support for our stores and products offering outstanding value for money."
Last month Esprit's share price rose following the news that it expects to return to profit in the first half. This, the company said, is due to a reduction in operating expenses.
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Esprit has taken significant measures to overhaul its operations, distribution and branding through a high-cost transformation plan. However, with a focus on fragile Western Europe and intensely compe...
Introduction Global Footwear industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile al......
Introduction Footwear in United Arab Emirates industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018......
Introduction Footwear in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile......
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- US cotton production set to decline
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details