HONG KONG: Esprit To Post Huge Rise In H1 Profit
Leading fashion retailer Esprit Holdings Ltd is expected to reveal a rise in fiscal first half earnings on Thursday, boosted by healthy European sales growth and a corporate tax cut in Germany. The Hong Kong-based company is forecast to post an average net profit of HK$363.9 million (US$46.7m) for the six months ended December 31, up 33.2 per cent from HK$273.2m in the year-ago period, according to four analysts polled by Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Tailored Brands, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth