VIETNAM: Esquel Group builds US$25m garment plant
Esquel Enterprises (Singapore) Pte, a subsidiary of Hong Kong based clothing giant Esquel Group, has begun construction on a US$25m apparel plant at the Luong Son industrial zone in the northern Vietnamese province of Hoa Binh.
The project is divided into two phases, with the first having an annual capacity of 7.2m garments and set to begin operation in November 2012 with 2,800 workers. The second phase will begin in 2017 with an expected capacity of 11.52m garments a year.
According to the Esquel Enterprises (Singapore), all products made at the plant will be exported to the group's international brand clients including Hugo Boss, Lacoste, Marks & Spencer, Nike, Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger.
This will be Esquel Group's third plant in Vietnam, and joins its existing 12-year-old facility in Binh Duong province which employs 3,900 employees as well as another factory in Dong Nai Province with 1,400 employees.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Police investigating the 2007 sale of the Valentino and Hugo Boss fashion businesses have seized assets worth EUR65m, according to reports....
German fashion house Hugo Boss today (30 October) said it is confident of meeting its full-year targets, despite booking flat sales and a fall in earnings in its third-quarter....
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Are apparel prices really rising?
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020