VIETNAM: Esquel Group builds US$25m garment plant
Esquel Enterprises (Singapore) Pte, a subsidiary of Hong Kong based clothing giant Esquel Group, has begun construction on a US$25m apparel plant at the Luong Son industrial zone in the northern Vietnamese province of Hoa Binh.
The project is divided into two phases, with the first having an annual capacity of 7.2m garments and set to begin operation in November 2012 with 2,800 workers. The second phase will begin in 2017 with an expected capacity of 11.52m garments a year.
According to the Esquel Enterprises (Singapore), all products made at the plant will be exported to the group's international brand clients including Hugo Boss, Lacoste, Marks & Spencer, Nike, Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger.
This will be Esquel Group's third plant in Vietnam, and joins its existing 12-year-old facility in Binh Duong province which employs 3,900 employees as well as another factory in Dong Nai Province with 1,400 employees.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Police investigating the 2007 sale of the Valentino and Hugo Boss fashion businesses have seized assets worth EUR65m, according to reports....
German fashion house Hugo Boss today (30 October) said it is confident of meeting its full-year targets, despite booking flat sales and a fall in earnings in its third-quarter....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts