HONG KONG: Esquel Invests In Eco-Textile JV
The centre, launched on April 20, represents the first joint venture between academia and private enterprise in China to foster scientific research into eco-textile production.
It will undertake fundamental and practical research and development projects encompassing all aspects of eco-textile applications.
"We are very happy to be able to achieve our mutually beneficial goal through an alliance of strength with the Institute of Science & Technology," Esquel chairwoman Marjorie Yang said.
"At the same time, we can also introduce new philosophy and vitality into the research of ecological aspects of the textile industry in China."
Esquel has agreed to finance the centre, as well as providing support at the final stages of research for converting technologies into practical use and for commercialisation.
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Where next for retailers in a saturated market?
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020