USA: Essentus Unveils New Merchandising Software
The new release is built on an upgraded technology platform. Retail Management uses the latest version of Oracle Developer running on the 8i database, which allows the application to be fully web-enabled. Oracle is a leading provider of database technology for e-business.
The functionality of Vision Suite's Retail Management is significantly expanded through its integration to two optional third-party software modules. Retailers who license Spotlight Solution's automated markdown management software will be able to dynamically generate pricing updates to Essentus' Retail Management system. In addition, a merchandise planning solution provided by MarketMax, a leading provider of these solutions, can be readily integrated with the Retail Management system.
The release was developed using a new development strategy that Essentus has engaged with outsourcing partner Tricon Infotech. The company has confirmed that the release of Vision Suite was brought to market more quickly than initially scheduled with this virtual development structure.
"Our new strategy will allow us to have developers working and supporting our product development function in almost every major time zone, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week," said Leslie Belcher, vice president of customer satisfaction and quality assurance. "Using this development model improves our ability to deliver quality products quickly to market by utilizing a diverse range of IT talent.
"Essentus' Montreal development organization will continue its responsibility for setting the overall architectural, design, customer satisfaction, quality assurance and maintenance directions for our products. It will also manage the coordination of the geographically dispersed teams," Belcher stated.
Adding to today's announcement, Chuck Shields, chief executive officer of Essentus explained: "By engaging Tricon, we have extended the depth of our development bench, and our clients benefit from Tricon's vast expertise in a wide variety of technologies. Tricon has been associated with Essentus for the past three years, offering services towards the enhancement of Essentus' mission-critical supply chain solutions."
Essentus supplies business-to-business commerce software solutions, services and business improvement processes designed to create value to retailers and manufacturers in the softgoods supply chain. Essentus' proven solutions are an essential component of the business backbone of the fast changing fashion industry and are specifically designed for companies to derive greater value across their organizations and between business partners. Hundreds of companies worldwide have taken advantage of Essentus' advanced collaboration, and supply chain management technologies. Essentus is also the creator of fashionchain, a leading business-to-business exchange for the softgoods industry. Fashionchain features robust functionality and a strong business model that supports commerce transactions.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar