USA: Estyle.com Dodges Dot Com Doldrums With $25m
Estyle.com (www.babystyle.com and www.kidstyle.com), a multi-channel lifestyle retailer serving the shopping needs of women at key stages of their lives, announced the closing of its $25m fourth round of funding. To date, estyle has raised $85m in funding. The additional funds will be used to further extend the estyle brand. "This round is further validation of our multi-channel business model and is a clear vote of confidence for estyle as we expand our offering and continue to service the more than $100bn baby, children, and women's market," said Laurie McCartney, CEO and founder of estyle, Inc. "We've clearly established ourselves as a leader among online retailers by implementing a long-term, multi-channel business strategy that includes extending the estyle brand through business partnerships with companies like our newest investor PRIMEDIA and other exclusive relationships." Since its inception in 1998, estyle.com has expanded its services to target the growing online female audience by providing women with lifestyle-based e-commerce solutions for themselves and their families. Earlier this year, the company introduced a collection of private label fashions for women, children, and babies, making estyle one of the few online retailers to have in-house designers creating private label lines exclusively for the company. "estyle is a very promising e-commerce company and represents an important strategic partnership for Primedia's American Baby Group," said Tom Rogers, chairman and CEO of Primedia. "We are pleased to support the company's future vision and growth strategy." PRIMEDIA's participation in this round of financing includes targeted advertising and promotional opportunities through the American Baby Group, including print magazines, television, online, sampling programs, direct mail and consumer fairs. In addition, PRIMEDIA will provide content from the American Baby Group, print advertising in New York and Chicago magazines and cash.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack