FRANCE: Etam Q4 sales dragged down by China
French lingerie brand Etam has recorded a slight rise in fourth quarter sales as its performance weakened in China.
The company said that over the three months ended 31 December, sales rose 1.2% to EUR331m, but were flat on a like-for-like basis.
In China, sales fell 3.6% to EUR122.5m (US$166m), and were down 12.7% on a like-for-like basis.
European sales increased 4.2% over the quarter to EUR208.5m, and were up 5.8% on a like-for-like basis. In the company's home market of France, sales increased 3.6%, and were up 5.4% on a like for like basis.
Over the full year, sales increased 2.8% to EUR778.2m, but fell 3.4% on a like-for-like basis. Chinese sales rose 2.7% to EUR122.5m, but fell 12.6% on a like-for-like basis. European sales were up 2.8% to EUR778.2m, rising 0.6% on a like-for-like basis.
In China, the company said that faced with the decrease in sales, "in a context of economic slowdown and the rapid evolution of distribution channels in China, the group has implemented strong action plans in order to evolve significantly its product offer and selling network".
Apparel Retail in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains des...
Apparel, Accessories & Luxury Goods in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
Euromonitor International's Non-Grocery Retailers in Cameroon report offers insight into key trends and developments driving the industry. The report examines all retail channels to provide sector ins...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy