FRANCE: Etam Q4 sales dragged down by China
French lingerie brand Etam has recorded a slight rise in fourth quarter sales as its performance weakened in China.
The company said that over the three months ended 31 December, sales rose 1.2% to EUR331m, but were flat on a like-for-like basis.
In China, sales fell 3.6% to EUR122.5m (US$166m), and were down 12.7% on a like-for-like basis.
European sales increased 4.2% over the quarter to EUR208.5m, and were up 5.8% on a like-for-like basis. In the company's home market of France, sales increased 3.6%, and were up 5.4% on a like for like basis.
Over the full year, sales increased 2.8% to EUR778.2m, but fell 3.4% on a like-for-like basis. Chinese sales rose 2.7% to EUR122.5m, but fell 12.6% on a like-for-like basis. European sales were up 2.8% to EUR778.2m, rising 0.6% on a like-for-like basis.
In China, the company said that faced with the decrease in sales, "in a context of economic slowdown and the rapid evolution of distribution channels in China, the group has implemented strong action plans in order to evolve significantly its product offer and selling network".
Apparel Retail in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains des...
Apparel, Accessories & Luxury Goods in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
Euromonitor International's Non-Grocery Retailers in Cameroon report offers insight into key trends and developments driving the industry. The report examines all retail channels to provide sector ins...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre