FRANCE: Etam Q4 sales dragged down by China
French lingerie brand Etam has recorded a slight rise in fourth quarter sales as its performance weakened in China.
The company said that over the three months ended 31 December, sales rose 1.2% to EUR331m, but were flat on a like-for-like basis.
In China, sales fell 3.6% to EUR122.5m (US$166m), and were down 12.7% on a like-for-like basis.
European sales increased 4.2% over the quarter to EUR208.5m, and were up 5.8% on a like-for-like basis. In the company's home market of France, sales increased 3.6%, and were up 5.4% on a like for like basis.
Over the full year, sales increased 2.8% to EUR778.2m, but fell 3.4% on a like-for-like basis. Chinese sales rose 2.7% to EUR122.5m, but fell 12.6% on a like-for-like basis. European sales were up 2.8% to EUR778.2m, rising 0.6% on a like-for-like basis.
In China, the company said that faced with the decrease in sales, "in a context of economic slowdown and the rapid evolution of distribution channels in China, the group has implemented strong action plans in order to evolve significantly its product offer and selling network".
Apparel Retail in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains des...
Apparel, Accessories & Luxury Goods in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
Euromonitor International's Non-Grocery Retailers in Cameroon report offers insight into key trends and developments driving the industry. The report examines all retail channels to provide sector ins...
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- ANALYSIS: Back-to-school spending a waiting game
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- 'Cotton of the Carolinas' grows reshoring efforts
- Myanmar and US to develop labour rights initiative
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report