FRANCE: Etam Q4 sales dragged down by China
French lingerie brand Etam has recorded a slight rise in fourth quarter sales as its performance weakened in China.
The company said that over the three months ended 31 December, sales rose 1.2% to EUR331m, but were flat on a like-for-like basis.
In China, sales fell 3.6% to EUR122.5m (US$166m), and were down 12.7% on a like-for-like basis.
European sales increased 4.2% over the quarter to EUR208.5m, and were up 5.8% on a like-for-like basis. In the company's home market of France, sales increased 3.6%, and were up 5.4% on a like for like basis.
Over the full year, sales increased 2.8% to EUR778.2m, but fell 3.4% on a like-for-like basis. Chinese sales rose 2.7% to EUR122.5m, but fell 12.6% on a like-for-like basis. European sales were up 2.8% to EUR778.2m, rising 0.6% on a like-for-like basis.
In China, the company said that faced with the decrease in sales, "in a context of economic slowdown and the rapid evolution of distribution channels in China, the group has implemented strong action plans in order to evolve significantly its product offer and selling network".
Apparel, Accessories & Luxury Goods in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
Euromonitor International's Non-Grocery Retailers in Cameroon report offers insight into key trends and developments driving the industry. The report examines all retail channels to provide sector ins...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Philippines garment sector upbeat over EU GSP+
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead