FRANCE: Etam sees 53% hike full-year profit
- FY profit jumps 53% to EUR19.6m
- Sales slip 0.1% to EUR1.22bn
- Like-for-like sales up 1.4%
Women's wear, lingerie and accessories retailer Etam Group has reported a 53% hike in annual net profit, despite a slight decline in sales.
Net income reached EUR19.6m (US$27.1m) for the year to 31 December, compared to EUR12.8m in the same period of the prior year.
Sales edged down 0.1% to EUR1.22bn from EUR1.22bn last year. This, the French company said, included a negative currency impact of EUR3.3m relating to the depreciation of the yuan against the euro. On a like-for-like basis, sales increased 1.4%.
Gross margin slipped to 57.9% against 58.6% the year before, mainly due, in Europe, to less favourable purchasing costs in US dollars, and in China, to a sales mix favourable to franchise and e-commerce.
During the first quarter, Etam saw sales fall 2.1% to EUR326.7m, and like-for-like sales edged up 0.6%. In Europe, sales grew 7.3%, but in China, sales declined 15.2%.
Canadean's "Etam Developpement SCA : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company...
Introduction Womenswear in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profi......
Apparel Retail in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also c...
Introduction The G8 Womenswear industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The guide also contains ...
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- PETA calls for wool boycott on “gruesome” exposé
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015