FRANCE: Etam sees 53% hike full-year profit
- FY profit jumps 53% to EUR19.6m
- Sales slip 0.1% to EUR1.22bn
- Like-for-like sales up 1.4%
Women's wear, lingerie and accessories retailer Etam Group has reported a 53% hike in annual net profit, despite a slight decline in sales.
Net income reached EUR19.6m (US$27.1m) for the year to 31 December, compared to EUR12.8m in the same period of the prior year.
Sales edged down 0.1% to EUR1.22bn from EUR1.22bn last year. This, the French company said, included a negative currency impact of EUR3.3m relating to the depreciation of the yuan against the euro. On a like-for-like basis, sales increased 1.4%.
Gross margin slipped to 57.9% against 58.6% the year before, mainly due, in Europe, to less favourable purchasing costs in US dollars, and in China, to a sales mix favourable to franchise and e-commerce.
During the first quarter, Etam saw sales fall 2.1% to EUR326.7m, and like-for-like sales edged up 0.6%. In Europe, sales grew 7.3%, but in China, sales declined 15.2%.
Apparel Retail in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also c...
Lingerie is a term used for women's innerwear. It originated from the French word “linge” for linen. Though in French the term is used for both male and female undergarments, in English it is solely u...
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)