GERMANY: Ethical Fashion Show Berlin to expand next year
Trade show organiser Messe Frankfurt hopes to make its new Ethical Fashion Show Berlin a focal point for the international green fashion scene, and says it is expanding the event into a standalone concept next year.
The eco-lifestyle show took place for the first time in Paris last year, and will next be staged during the upcoming Berlin Fashion Week. But from January 2012 it will be held as an independent event, presenting street fashion and casualwear made using sustainable methods.
After this, organisers plan to stage the Ethical Fashion Show Berlin biannually during Berlin Fashion Week.
"For us, holding the new Ethical Fashion Show Berlin is the next logical step towards a future with sustainable fashions", say Olaf Schmidt, vice president textiles & textile technologies at Messe Frankfurt. "The successful concept is now well-established in the market for eco fashion and continues to have a great potential for growth."
The show is being organised by Magdalena Schaffrin, the co-founder of GreenShowroom Berlin, the high-end eco fashion event that Messe Frankfurt took over earlier this year.
"The Ethical Fashion Show Berlin targets visitors and exhibitors who regard ecology and ethics as essential aspects of modern life and position themselves in the middle of the fashion market with modern street fashion and casualwear", Schaffrin explains.
The 1st Ethical Fashion Show will take place at the 'ewerk' event location in Berlin from 18-20 January 2012.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Hirdaramani to head WFSGI manufacturers committee
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack