CHINA: EU And China Set Up Policy Forum
The forum, launched by EU trade commissioner Pascal Lamy and Chinese trade minister Bo Xilai, was set up as part of Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao's visit to the European Commission.
It is intended to pre-empt potential conflicts and ensure a smooth transition to a quota-free textiles trade.
"Setting up a dialogue over trade issues shows how the EU and China can use cooperation and discussion to deal with issues of common interest, sometimes difficult, for the benefit of both sides," Lamy said at the launch.
In addition to the government-to-government dialogue, an EU-China business forum is also being set up.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again