INDONESIA: EU anti-dumping levies force shoe move
Indonesia is emerging as an increasingly important source of shoe imports into the European Union following the planned introduction of anti-dumping levies against China.
Asian investors are reported to have recently shifted 15 shoe factories from China to Indonesia to avoid the levies, which are being phased in provisionally for full introduction in October.
Officials in Indonesia hope that 35 more Chinese factories will relocate to the country this year. According to industry estimates, China and Vietnam currently account for more than half of shoe sales in the EU.
Earlier this month, 14 of the 25 EU member states threw out proposals to impose anti-dumping duties on leather shoes imported from China and Vietnam into the European Union. But with no early sign of ...
Now that India is no longer constrained by quotas, its intrinsic competitiveness is being revealed. Even though China has made bigger gains in market share last year, India's impressive performance me...
Jones Apparel Group has appointed Frits D van Paasschen to its board of directors....
Athletics goods maker and retailer Nike has distanced itself from rumours it is forming partnerships with JJB Sports and JD Sports ahead of the likes of Sports World in the UK market....
UK casual wear brand Lee Cooper has snared ex-Nike and Timberland personnel to help drive retail expansion plans in its home market, Europe and Asia....
Value footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource is launching a range of women's sports shoes with Nike subsidiary Exeter Brands....
Sports giant Adidas has completed the sale of the Greg Norman Collection (GNC) apparel business to the MacGregor Golf Company....
Sporting goods giant Nike is to axe its contract with a Pakistani supplier after it emerged that workers - possibly including child labourers - were stitching footballs at home....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack