EU: EU Increases Chinese Goods Quotas By Over 50 Per Cent
The Official Journal of the European Communities has raised the re-import quota level for category 13 products to 827,000 pieces - over 50 per cent - for the year 2000 effective September 28. Category 13 comprises all undergarments, whether made from wool, cotton or man-made fibres.The regulation will be of particular interest to Hong Kong undergarment manufacturers with trading links with China.The Commission has responsed to the increased European demand for Chinese-manufactured undergarments, and the new quota represents an increase of almost 55 per cent over the previous re-import level of 534,000 pieces. This increase will be of benefit to Hong Kong textile manufacturers with interests in the Chinese mainland, who will be able to take advantage of the opportunity to increase the volume of their re-import products to - and sales of their products in - Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020