BELGIUM: EU Sanctions List Targets US Apparel Exports
A 14-page list of exports being targeted has been published in the commission's Official Journal, but requests to exclude a particular product are now being taken. Any application to have items removed must be accompanied by an explanation as to why alternatives from the EU or outside the US aren't available.
The European Commission, the EU's executive arm, has threatened to impose as much as $4 billion worth of tariffs on US products after a WTO ruling that the tax break was an illegal export subsidy.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Wal-Mart is famous for its everyday low prices. The world's largest company continues to dramatically transform the retail landscape by exploring new growth avenues, selling new categories of merchand...
Casual and dress apparel company Haggar has named Joseph Harris as the company's senior vice president of global sourcing and product development....
Casual clothing company Levi Strauss & Co has named Hilary Krane as senior vice president and general counsel as of January 2006....
Apparel and sportswear marketer Haggar Corp has named Jim Lewis as the company's new chief executive officer....
After testing new body-scanning technology in the United States, Levi Strauss is now launching the service permanently in its Japanese stores this autumn....
Levi Strauss Europe is renewing an exclusive licensing agreement with DC Company to design, produce, market and distribute a range of footwear and belts for men and women under the Levi's brand label...
Clothing marketer Haggar Corp is to be bought by Infinity Associates LLC, Perseus LLC and Symphony Holdings Limited for approximately $212 million....
Men's and ladies' wear marketer Haggar Corp has reported third-quarter sales and income increases as it continues efforts to boost the quality and cost of its goods. ...
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing