BELGIUM: Euratex to promote technological innovation
Euratex, the European Apparel and Textile Confederation has created an international association to promote technological innovation in the textile and apparel sectors.
The European Technology Platform for the Future of Textiles and Clothing (Textile ETP) has been formulated will look to provide practical support through networking, access to funding and expertise at a European level.
Euratex president Alberto Paccanelli said the body will look to better co-ordinate research and innovation approaches in line with market needs.
Meanwhile, Euratex R&D manager and future secretary-general of Textile ETP Lutz Walter said: "Having successfully operated the European Textile Technology Platform for eight years as a non-formalised network; building strong relationships among the network participants and excellent links with EU authorities; funding programmes and other sector platforms; the time had come to take this next logical step.
"The new set-up will give the Textile ETP the structure and resources to deliver more added value to its members, to face the challenges of the new EU funding environment post-2013 and to do more work with sectors whose innovations are linked with textiles. The new Textile ETP will offer various participation and membership options for textile and clothing companies, research and technology organisations and companies from related industries."
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020