BELGIUM: Euratex to promote technological innovation
Euratex, the European Apparel and Textile Confederation has created an international association to promote technological innovation in the textile and apparel sectors.
The European Technology Platform for the Future of Textiles and Clothing (Textile ETP) has been formulated will look to provide practical support through networking, access to funding and expertise at a European level.
Euratex president Alberto Paccanelli said the body will look to better co-ordinate research and innovation approaches in line with market needs.
Meanwhile, Euratex R&D manager and future secretary-general of Textile ETP Lutz Walter said: "Having successfully operated the European Textile Technology Platform for eight years as a non-formalised network; building strong relationships among the network participants and excellent links with EU authorities; funding programmes and other sector platforms; the time had come to take this next logical step.
"The new set-up will give the Textile ETP the structure and resources to deliver more added value to its members, to face the challenges of the new EU funding environment post-2013 and to do more work with sectors whose innovations are linked with textiles. The new Textile ETP will offer various participation and membership options for textile and clothing companies, research and technology organisations and companies from related industries."
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam