BELGIUM: Euratex to promote technological innovation
Euratex, the European Apparel and Textile Confederation has created an international association to promote technological innovation in the textile and apparel sectors.
The European Technology Platform for the Future of Textiles and Clothing (Textile ETP) has been formulated will look to provide practical support through networking, access to funding and expertise at a European level.
Euratex president Alberto Paccanelli said the body will look to better co-ordinate research and innovation approaches in line with market needs.
Meanwhile, Euratex R&D manager and future secretary-general of Textile ETP Lutz Walter said: "Having successfully operated the European Textile Technology Platform for eight years as a non-formalised network; building strong relationships among the network participants and excellent links with EU authorities; funding programmes and other sector platforms; the time had come to take this next logical step.
"The new set-up will give the Textile ETP the structure and resources to deliver more added value to its members, to face the challenges of the new EU funding environment post-2013 and to do more work with sectors whose innovations are linked with textiles. The new Textile ETP will offer various participation and membership options for textile and clothing companies, research and technology organisations and companies from related industries."
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024