BELGIUM: Euratex to promote technological innovation
Euratex, the European Apparel and Textile Confederation has created an international association to promote technological innovation in the textile and apparel sectors.
The European Technology Platform for the Future of Textiles and Clothing (Textile ETP) has been formulated will look to provide practical support through networking, access to funding and expertise at a European level.
Euratex president Alberto Paccanelli said the body will look to better co-ordinate research and innovation approaches in line with market needs.
Meanwhile, Euratex R&D manager and future secretary-general of Textile ETP Lutz Walter said: "Having successfully operated the European Textile Technology Platform for eight years as a non-formalised network; building strong relationships among the network participants and excellent links with EU authorities; funding programmes and other sector platforms; the time had come to take this next logical step.
"The new set-up will give the Textile ETP the structure and resources to deliver more added value to its members, to face the challenges of the new EU funding environment post-2013 and to do more work with sectors whose innovations are linked with textiles. The new Textile ETP will offer various participation and membership options for textile and clothing companies, research and technology organisations and companies from related industries."
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: Guess, PVH, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019