BELGIUM: Euratex to promote technological innovation
Euratex, the European Apparel and Textile Confederation has created an international association to promote technological innovation in the textile and apparel sectors.
The European Technology Platform for the Future of Textiles and Clothing (Textile ETP) has been formulated will look to provide practical support through networking, access to funding and expertise at a European level.
Euratex president Alberto Paccanelli said the body will look to better co-ordinate research and innovation approaches in line with market needs.
Meanwhile, Euratex R&D manager and future secretary-general of Textile ETP Lutz Walter said: "Having successfully operated the European Textile Technology Platform for eight years as a non-formalised network; building strong relationships among the network participants and excellent links with EU authorities; funding programmes and other sector platforms; the time had come to take this next logical step.
"The new set-up will give the Textile ETP the structure and resources to deliver more added value to its members, to face the challenges of the new EU funding environment post-2013 and to do more work with sectors whose innovations are linked with textiles. The new Textile ETP will offer various participation and membership options for textile and clothing companies, research and technology organisations and companies from related industries."
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- US Q2 in brief - G-III Apparel, A&F, Sears
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras