UK: European Funding For Harris Tweed?
Financial help has already been sought locally. Both Highlands and Island Enterprise and Western Isles enterprise have been also been approached, and provisional permission for the development has already been given by the Western Isles Council.
The proposed centre will form part of waterfront regeneration scheme at Loch Tarbert where the aim is to create both a tourist attraction and to provide a base for light industry which will offer additional employment for islanders.
By Sonia Roberts.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020