UK: European Patent Office Sides With Tencel In Lyocell Dispute
German engineering company Zimmer AG had challenged the patent application relating to a key part of the Tencel fibre spinning process.
But at a final hearing in the Opposition Division of the European Patent Office earlier this month the challenge was rejected and Tencel's patent fully upheld.
Companies: Lenzing Group
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Fibre company The Lenzing Group and engineering business Zimmer have settled a dispute over the patent for lyocell technology by way of a license deal for some of the designs in question....
Manmade cellulose fibre producer The Lenzing Group is to increase the prices of its fibres beginning in the fourth quarter....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022