MOROCCO: European slowdown weighs on September exports
Moroccan textile and clothing exports continue to be hurt by a serious contraction in demand in Europe - and in particular the worsening economic conditions in Spain, where many of their customers are based.
The last data report issued by the Ministry of Finance shows textile and leather exports fell 3% in September, hosiery slipped 1.3%, and footwear dropped 19.3%. This was offset by a small 1.1% increase in clothing exports.
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide