MOROCCO: European slowdown weighs on September exports
Moroccan textile and clothing exports continue to be hurt by a serious contraction in demand in Europe - and in particular the worsening economic conditions in Spain, where many of their customers are based.
The last data report issued by the Ministry of Finance shows textile and leather exports fell 3% in September, hosiery slipped 1.3%, and footwear dropped 19.3%. This was offset by a small 1.1% increase in clothing exports.
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration