MOROCCO: European slowdown weighs on September exports
Moroccan textile and clothing exports continue to be hurt by a serious contraction in demand in Europe - and in particular the worsening economic conditions in Spain, where many of their customers are based.
The last data report issued by the Ministry of Finance shows textile and leather exports fell 3% in September, hosiery slipped 1.3%, and footwear dropped 19.3%. This was offset by a small 1.1% increase in clothing exports.
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Wolverine Worldwide evolves to exceed new demands
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- US cotton prices set for five-year low
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices