MOROCCO: European slowdown weighs on September exports
Moroccan textile and clothing exports continue to be hurt by a serious contraction in demand in Europe - and in particular the worsening economic conditions in Spain, where many of their customers are based.
The last data report issued by the Ministry of Finance shows textile and leather exports fell 3% in September, hosiery slipped 1.3%, and footwear dropped 19.3%. This was offset by a small 1.1% increase in clothing exports.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- TPP likely to lead to rise in US apparel imports
- Can supplier ratings reform purchasing practices?
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- Gap to close 75 stores amid "disastrous" Q1
- US Q1 in brief: Buckle, Destination XL
- H&M criticised for India, Cambodia labour abuses
- Victoria's Secret discontinue swimwear to simplify
- Labour may limit Malaysia TPP apparel shipments