MOROCCO: European slowdown weighs on September exports
Moroccan textile and clothing exports continue to be hurt by a serious contraction in demand in Europe - and in particular the worsening economic conditions in Spain, where many of their customers are based.
The last data report issued by the Ministry of Finance shows textile and leather exports fell 3% in September, hosiery slipped 1.3%, and footwear dropped 19.3%. This was offset by a small 1.1% increase in clothing exports.
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report