MOROCCO: European slowdown weighs on September exports
Moroccan textile and clothing exports continue to be hurt by a serious contraction in demand in Europe - and in particular the worsening economic conditions in Spain, where many of their customers are based.
The last data report issued by the Ministry of Finance shows textile and leather exports fell 3% in September, hosiery slipped 1.3%, and footwear dropped 19.3%. This was offset by a small 1.1% increase in clothing exports.
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- Vietnam factories face fire safety challenge
- Wage theft of migrants in Thai apparel industry
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Investigation uncovers China's dog leather trade
- Nike shares slide on future orders in Q2
- Philippines added to European Union GSP+ scheme